Houston vs Waverly

vandyfan1

8 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

Ok ready to put my two cents in. No disrespect to either team just my opinion. I haven't seen waverly yet but ate my crow two Friday's ago. I could tell before the game the Irish were ready to play and rhs like everyone else thought they would be a pushover. They wasn't, they took control of the game from the First snap. From what I saw they Were a very well coached team that executed their game plan on offense and tackled very well. The panthers have a good defense but in much like the other losses they couldn't get off the field. Too many converted third downs on counters,sweeps or passes. I didn't see any one or two particular players stand out just a bunch of guys who bought in to what their coaches taught them. And that is a good quality to have-TEAM work. Now in saying this I do think it would a better game if we played again with the panthers preparing better but Houston just plainly beat us. Yes waverly Lost some very key players but I'm sure they are finding the ones to step in. Got to prepare mentally for an even game that could go either way. Sorry if I rambled too much just wanted to give my assessment of them and what I thought. Good luck 

You never said who you are picking to win! Curiosity is getting to me

18 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I'm picking u guys. Houston doesn't have that surprise factor going in no more and I think ya will be prepared for them. They are a sound team but don't have the athletes u have. 21-7

1 minute ago, Bigpun54 said:

I'm picking u guys. Houston doesn't have that surprise factor going in no more and I think ya will be prepared for them. They are a sound team but don't have the athletes u have. 21-7

I hope we can pull it off. I watched a little film on them and wasn’t too impressed but people could say the same for us

25 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Depends on which Waverly team shows up, and who gets the first break in the game. Houston County is a good, solid team... they don't "lose" games like they used to, but they aren't great anywhere on the field. They block, tackle, run hard, play with discipline, and don't turn the ball over and that will win a lot of games. Waverly is better when they are "on". The Tigers are bigger and stronger on both lines, and have a competitor at QB who will find a way to get yards. They have talent running the ball, and as a team they know how to win important games. I can see Houston County winning if they just grind for four quarters without making mistakes. I can see Waverly getting an early score or a big turnover to take momentum and opening the game up too. I don't like picking winners when the game could easily go either way, but if you said that one would win big over the other, I'd guess Wavo, so I'm leaning Blue Tigers.

10 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Yes I don’t like the thought of 3A at all. I think I heard we are one of the highest enrollments for AA but would be the lowest at AAA

We are kinda in the same boat as you guys there, except we are one of the biggest A but lowest AA. I wish we where still 1A, we can compete better in that division with our low numbers. Our schools lucky to have the 400+ Students we got.

6 hours ago, HCalumnia11 said:

We are kinda in the same boat as you guys there, except we are one of the biggest A but lowest AA. I wish we where still 1A, we can compete better in that division with our low numbers. Our schools lucky to have the 400+ Students we got.

Numbers dont really matter imo, Trousdale and Peabody are the 2 smallest 2 A schools and you see how that went last year ... Meigs is a huge 2 A school also, I thought HC was around 450 did that drop??? And I had no idea Waverly was that dang big 570 kids that dwarfs Peabody at 380 !!!

Edited by PeabodyPride

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

Numbers dont really matter imo, Trousdale and Peabody are the 2 smallest 2 A schools and you see how that went last year ... Meigs is a huge 2 A school also, I thought HC was around 450 did that drop??? And I had no idea Waverly was that dang big 570 kids that dwarfs Peabody at 380 !!!

That’s what we been saying tho Pride! We got the talent walking the halls sometimes they play sometimes they don’t. 

14 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

That’s what we been saying tho Pride! We got the talent walking the halls sometimes they play sometimes they don’t. 

I feel your frustration now bro !!! Literally a third of Peabodys male students play football ..... 

Edited by PeabodyPride

• CoachT locked this topic