Houston vs Waverly

vandyfan1

On 10/14/2019 at 9:26 AM, Trollin said:

Rant coming.....

ok im tired of the haters getting on here and bashing the coaching and comparing McConnell past and Boldin of Waverly’s future.

First I think I have a dog in this fight and this needs to be said. 

I have coached along side of McConnell. He is a great football mind and had an amazing 5 years at Waverly. I appreciate what he did for our program. But, just like anybody he has his flaws and down falls AND it helped that he was able to pull some athletes from basketball and guys walking the hall, especially his first year in 2014. From 2015 - 2018 he had a LOADED class with the big 3, Stanfield, Dixon, Bradley and many others. Bottom line is that was probably the most talented class of football guys since 2002 season and possibly best class ever in Waverly history. 

Now Boldin... you haters talking him down, saying Waverly is headed back to the Waverly of Old and being mediocre. I strongly disagree. 

I have known Boldin since JR High. Played along side him in JR High and High School.  Dude was a stud athlete then in all 3 sports. Had a greater knowledge and understanding of the game more than anybody. He was a stud athlete in High School. Just a natural talent and even though he was a grade below me, he was a leader and someone I respected and looked up to. He made everyone around him better. 

Boldin joined the Army, fought for our country, and after all that went back to school and pursued his dream of leading young men and becoming a head football coach. 

I knew he would be a success. He has a strong work ethic, a great football mind, and knows what it takes to win football games. 

Lets be honest, he took a mediocre to bad football program in little ole Whitwell TN to 15-0 and a State Championship. Whitwell had some players, but nobody even close with the talent Waverly had in 2015-18. 

So you can knock Waverly all you want, I know both Coaches inside and out and will proudly say I stand behind Boldin 100%. 

I watched Whitwell beat the crap out of South Pittsburg. I wasn’t impressed with the talent of the Whitwell players, I was impressed with the heart, strive, and will to not give up by the players which directly was a reflection of their coach. 

If anyone knows what it is like to go through adversity and fight through and be successful, it’s Boldin. He is a success story. He has done it his entire life, and always ended up on top.

Boldin is where he is supposed to be and we are proud to have him and he WILL be successful here! He will take Waverly to their first ever State Championship. Something no one has ever been able to do. Just wait and watch!!! Go Tigers!

McConnell wouldn't coach with a lowlife like you and I can't blame him.  Your history speaks for itself.  

GAME DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! Finally gets to see who's going to put their money where their mouth is!!!! Been a longggggggg 2 weeks and I'm ready for some football!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope these boys are ready to play, especially coming off the bye week!!!!! Let's Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• CoachT locked this topic