Houston vs Waverly

vandyfan1

A simple request: don't let anger, revenge, etc cause you to post comments that are personal in nature. You don't have to always be politically correct but personal attacks are not needed. Think a little before you post. If you still have a problem then please let me know. This is a great place to build relationships, not tear them apart. Thanks.

• Upvote 4

On 10/19/2019 at 10:29 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You know it’s pretty obvious that Pride was hurt by comments accusing him of molesting a child. Instead of continuing to kick someone while their down you could always try the opposite and be kind. 

He’s got a family too, far from any animal that would think of doing such. Great guy overall.. shoot I would’ve been fired up too 

On 10/19/2019 at 9:27 PM, Super8Dad said:

Hey, Pride. I feel your pain. I was molested for about 5 or 6 years as a kid. There's a lot of anger and resentment that comes from that, but it takes a strong person to endure something like that and still become an upstanding citizen. Most people that experience something like that gets destroyed by it. I heard a quote today and it's so applicable to our situation. It said when you go through something like that, it will do one of three things to you. It will define you, destroy you, or make you stronger. I believe you are one that it has made stronger just as I was. So instead of letting it define me and control my actions, I use it to help others that has been through the same thing and it's become a significant part of my testimony and I use it often to let people know that no matter what they go through, the Lord still loves them and has a plan for it all. I use my pain to take away or ease the pain of others.  I would really hate to see you go away from something that I know you truly love, because of some ignorant person's statements. You where one of the few that didn't call me a complete lunatic when I said Waverly will possibly see y'all in the semis this year. So if by some miracle that does happen, we gone need your smack talk to get us ready for the game, lol. We need your insight on here bro. You are one of the good one's, and if all the good one's are ran off, we are left with nothing. If you ever need someone to talk to that has been through what you've been through, don't hesitate to reach out to me.  Much love brother, hope you decide to stay, us good one's on here got your back!

This thread is really bad news and should be shut down...bu twhy on earth would people take to here with these horrific disclosures. We arent trained therapists on here! Get a daggum doctor man. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, CoachT said:

A simple request: don't let anger, revenge, etc cause you to post comments that are personal in nature. You don't have to always be politically correct but personal attacks are not needed. Think a little before you post. If you still have a problem then please let me know. This is a great place to build relationships, not tear them apart. Thanks.

AMEN

4 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

This thread is really bad news and should be shut down...bu twhy on earth would people take to here with these horrific disclosures. We arent trained therapists on here! Get a daggum doctor man. 

I don't need a doctor, I'm completely appreciative and at peace with my past. It has made me the great man I am today. If you've never been through something like that, the you would not understand how hard it is to deal with or talk about something like that. Took me 25 years before I was able to. You also never understand the guilt, shame, or loneliness that comes with it as well. So far him to come forward with that, he must have been really hurt, so I came forward to let him know that he's not alone and I'm here for him if he needs someone to talk with. Also I am a trained counselor, and only someone who has been through that and overcame it, can help someone else do the same. 

i dont think this is the place and here is why

- he didnt come forward with a "hey we are all on here sharing and here is something on my heart..." which if he had, it still mightve been the wrong place but at least the spirit of it wouldve been in the right place. instead he exploded and ranted agaisnt several posters ( in hypocritcal fashion, as he himself has thrown as much if not more shade than ANYONE on this board) and seems like he might have a drug or alcohol problem.  

- he did what he did in an attempt to draw pity to himself and burden other posters here with guilt. posters who could not have possibly known of his past. 

i sympathize with him or anyone who has suffered any kind of abuse. but every person here, as a comsequence of being a human being, has been thru tough times. dont do what he did. wasnt right. 

This is crazy! Pride is a good dude! Do I think Salem meant to say something the way Pride took it no! Do I blame Pride for the unleashing no! Do I think this is the right place no! I commend super8 for trying to help and the other posters for backing Pride. I’m going to email coach T and have this thread removed. All of this in my opinion has ruined a good thread and it’s a shame. Thanks for everyone’s opinion on the game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

This is crazy! Pride is a good dude! Do I think Salem meant to say something the way Pride took it no! Do I blame Pride for the unleashing no! Do I think this is the right place no! I commend super8 for trying to help and the other posters for backing Pride. I’m going to email coach T and have this thread removed. All of this in my opinion has ruined a good thread and it’s a shame. Thanks for everyone’s opinion on the game.

Wow, I couldn’t even read all this:-(

• CoachT locked this topic