Week 9: Meigs @ Oneida

crow

It's time I guess. I've been back and forth on this one for more than just this week. In reality we ALL know meigs is the odds on favorite to win and likely in big fashion. We ALL also know Greenback and Upperman should have also. Fact is this team found a way to be 14-7 late in the 4th at Greenback before their cushion score that mostly killed a comeback and Upperman was 10-6 very late before an incredible athlete just did what athletes do from time to time and what he had done a big part of the night, found a way for his team. Same in greenback, another great athlete did what they do and found a way. Tonight is a repeat of those 2. Another good, possibly elite team with an incredible athlete at its heart is on the schedule and we're tasked with, again, not only limiting his productivity but also defending the multiple fronts and weapons at his disposal. All the while being outmatched in both skill and numbers. . . Again. We have, to date, responded well to these challenges and hopefully tonight will be no exception. If we will play our game with the effort and intensity we are capable of and have played with up till now I think we'll be in position to give ourselves a chance at the end. Just gotta finish, we were there at GB, but didn't finish. We were there with upperman but didn't finish. If we'll put ourselves there tonight we will have a chance at getting that finish we're lacking. The sole purpose of those other out of region games were to help prepare for games like this one. Let's see how we respond tonight. Play with Pride, Class and Character, play with great heart and tremendous effort, trust your keys and your team members and, given the opportunity, FINISH!

There's my thoughts. No true prediction this week. 

Edited by crow

3 minutes ago, crow said:

It's time I guess. I've been back and forth on this one for more than just this week. In reality we ALL know meigs is the odds on favorite to win and likely in big fashion. We ALL also know Greenback and Upperman should have also. Fact is this team found a way to be 14-7 late in the 4th at Greenback before their cushion score that mostly killed a comeback and Upperman was 10-6 very late before an incredible athlete just did what athletes do from time to time and what he had done a big part of the night, found a way for his team. Same in greenback, another great athlete did what they do and found a way. Tonight is a repeat of those 2. Another good, possibly elite team with an incredible athlete at its heart is on the schedule and we're tasked with, again, not only limiting his productivity but also defending the multiple fronts and weapons at his disposal. All the while being outmatched in both skill and numbers. . . Again. We have to date respode well to these challenges and hopefully tonight will be no exception. If we will play our game with the effort and intensity we are capable of and have played with up till now I think we'll be in positionto give ourselves a chance at the end. Just gotta finish, we were there at GB, but didn't finish. We were there with upperman but didn't finish. If we'll put ourselves there tonight we will have a chance at getting that finish we're lacking. The sole purpose of those other out of region games were to help prepare for games like this one. Let's see how we respond tonight. Play with Pride, Class and Character, play with great heart and tremendous effort, trust your keys and your team members and, given the opportunity, FINISH!

There's my thoughts. No true prediction this week. 

Pretty good post Crow, Meigs hopefully comes into this game with a little humility and a whole lot of try hard under duress. Meigs fields one of the best running games I've seen in a long time when we are healthy. Will Meadows has helped Meigs evolve into a 2 headed dragon so to speak. Our QBs is definitely not the only major threat on the field at any given time. Defense is much improved over last year against the run. I would imagine our run defense will be one of the better you have faced this year. Long story short this game should come down to the strongest offensive team as I'd imagine we both field a similar defense this year. That being said, games like this one are a blast to watch. First team with a two score lead wins.

4 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Pretty good post Crow, Meigs hopefully comes into this game with a little humility and a whole lot of try hard under duress. Meigs fields one of the best running games I've seen in a long time when we are healthy. Will Meadows has helped Meigs evolve into a 2 headed dragon so to speak. Our QBs is definitely not the only major threat on the field at any given time. Defense is much improved over last year against the run. I would imagine our run defense will be one of the better you have faced this year. Long story short this game should come down to the strongest offensive team as I'd imagine we both field a similar defense this year. That being said, games like this one are a blast to watch. First team with a two score lead wins.

You obviously have the stronger offensive team, I think what has surprised a lot of people, myself included has been our ability to keep teams close when they shouldn't have been. We'll see if we can find a way to do the impossible again tonight and hang around on the scoreboard. If not, well I guess you get home early tonight. Speaking of which we have added new lights and a new scoreboard since your last visit to The Reservation. 

48 minutes ago, crow said:

You obviously have the stronger offensive team, I think what has surprised a lot of people, myself included has been our ability to keep teams close when they shouldn't have been. We'll see if we can find a way to do the impossible again tonight and hang around on the scoreboard. If not, well I guess you get home early tonight. Speaking of which we have added new lights and a new scoreboard since your last visit to The Reservation. 

I wasnt saying we would win, just giving an honest assessment of our team. It will be a good ballgame regardless. Although I do think we "should" pull it out. Look forward to being there bud. My camera records better with good lighting.

Edited by Imthayeti

17 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I wasnt saying we would win, just giving an honest assessment of our team. It will be a good ballgame regardless. Although I do think we "should" pull it out. Look forward to being there bud. My camera records better with good lighting.

Oh I agree, y'all should pull a comfortable win. I'm not a moral victory kinda guy, you win or you lose based on the scoreboard. Like I said earlier this year there's a reason they don't put punt return yards and time of possession on the scoreboard lol. Also in my earlier post I put we didn't finish a couple of games. Those games were not moral victories, they were tremendous opportunities to prepare for future games. I honestly don't think we beat rockwood or kings without OS, Greenback and Upperman early in the year. If we can hang tonight it will be because of the 5 or so hard fought games that have shown us and everyone else a lot about this team. We have shown we can and will play with anyone regardless of how much better and at times worse they are than us. I'm hopingthat what I've saw starting 2nd half of the YAI game continues thru tonight, next week and HOPEFULLY long into November. 

Yeti, I got your number, I'll holler at ya on my way home from work. I'm like you and drive almost as long as I'm at work but it'll give me and probably you a better idea of what our ETA is. We'll get together before kickoff. If you'll leave your camera I'll get ya a spot on the fence.