Greenback @ Harriman

orngnblk

This was a bad game tonight me and O&B and Glenfromgreenback talked all the way up to coalfield about how we had to play smart and not get drawn into the bull crap of running our mouth and keeping our heads but 109 yards later in STUPID penalties we come out with a win. We  played good ball but we cannot keep running our mouth and showing our butts! it will come back and bite us in the backside! 

Loved seeing the run game rolling Friday. Wyatt was awesome in every aspect of his game Friday. Burger looked good on his run I would like to see him have more touches to get fine tuned for the playoffs. Need to still work on our edge D we know a team that is coming down the road lives off edge play. Ready to see some more tuning of the instruments of our orchestra Friday.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

I will have to say last Friday vs Meigs sure wasn’t won on the edge. It was pretty much straight down hill smashing it at them. 

I have not seen the Pirates this year I am going off what they have traditionally tried to do against us. We are pretty stout up the middle, I guess thats why i was thinking edge protection. One thing that baffled me in 2017 in the semifinals was that Vic went away from Raulston pounding it up the middle. He was getting 6 yards a carry and we couldn't stop it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I have not seen the Pirates this year I am going off what they have traditionally tried to do against us. We are pretty stout up the middle, I guess thats why i was thinking edge protection. One thing that baffled me in 2017 in the semifinals was that Vic went away from Raulston pounding it up the middle. He was getting 6 yards a carry and we couldn't stop it.

I agree. On 4th and 1 we had the ball with a chance to take the lead with about 6 minutes to go and instead of giving it to Raulston who hadn't been stopped too much that night we gave it to a freshman off left tackle I believe. 

As for y'all's game this week...yuck