Milan vs. McNairy Central

Macnarry

34 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

McNairy's only shot at making it to the playoffs is to win this game. Tall order but it could happen. 

I am glad this game is at Milan. The dawgs can lock up a playoff spot with the win here. If McNairy loses they can still make the playoffs if the beat Covington the last week of the season and Westview loses out. Because that scenario is probably not gonna happen McNairy is gonna be fired up to get this win. Will be a great game. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

20 minutes ago, concernedbobcat said:

Due to McNairys lack of defense Milan will score easy. 

McNairy doesn't fair well against good Defenses. So I think Milan by 2 TD'S

I hope you are right. On another note, tell me about Hardin Co. thy lost to you guys opening night but have reeled off 6 straight. The one time I saw them they were impressive. The TE with the Alabama Ofer was the goods. What are yalls thoughts??

concernedbobcat, the offense has scored 42 or more in six of their seven games. It is hard to do much better than that in high school.

MC has a better team than Hardin County. The Bobcats may not make the playoffs and Hardin Co. will likely win their region which says a great deal about their region. 

It should be a good game. McNairy is usually better on defense against teams that run the ball traditional. They have issue with teams that do a lot of miss direction runs. But, if Milan can throw the ball Friday, it will put a lot of pressure on the McNairy offense to score against that Milan defense. Also, this is probably the best passing offense Milan has faced since Trenton. So, I think it will be a good test for their defense as they are going to have to stop both run and pass.

On 10/12/2019 at 10:55 AM, ManOfMillions said:

McNairy's only shot at making it to the playoffs is to win this game. Tall order but it could happen. 

Yes this is a must win for McNairy. More than likely, they have to beat Milan and Covington to get in. I believe they only have two paths:

1. Beat Milan and Covington and they are in outright

2. Beat Milan, then Milan has to lose to Westview. McNairy gets the head to head tie breaker over Milan

On 10/12/2019 at 3:35 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I hope you are right. On another note, tell me about Hardin Co. thy lost to you guys opening night but have reeled off 6 straight. The one time I saw them they were impressive. The TE with the Alabama Ofer was the goods. What are yalls thoughts??

Hardin County is a good team. I'd say we are about even. The big difference in the game was we blocked a punt and returned it for a touchdown. Also, Hardin Co tried running the ball too much against us. We shut it down. They also got too happy with throwing the deep ball, had a lot of overthrows while guys were running open on intermediate routes. They gashed us when they threw those routes with yards after catch. If they would have thrown all night, I'm not sure we would have beat them. They have a good QB, I believe he is getting some looks, a couple WRs that are good, and the RB is suppose to be good but we bottled up the run game. Then of course the the TE is ranked in Top 60 in his class and the #1 or #2 TE in the country by one site. The defense looked athletic but they had a hard time stopping our offense.