Milan vs. McNairy Central

Macnarry

On 10/12/2019 at 7:52 PM, Macnarry said:

concernedbobcat, the offense has scored 42 or more in six of their seven games. It is hard to do much better than that in high school.

MC has a better team than Hardin County. The Bobcats may not make the playoffs and Hardin Co. will likely win their region which says a great deal about their region. 

All 5 teams that are fighting for a playoff spot in this region would be guaranteed a playoff spot in most classes and regions in the area.... Regions 7 3A is as brutal as it gets. 

Edited by ManOfMillions
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LetMeHearYA said:

Hardin County is a good team. I'd say we are about even. The big difference in the game was we blocked a punt and returned it for a touchdown. Also, Hardin Co tried running the ball too much against us. We shut it down. They also got too happy with throwing the deep ball, had a lot of overthrows while guys were running open on intermediate routes. They gashed us when they threw those routes with yards after catch. If they would have thrown all night, I'm not sure we would have beat them. They have a good QB, I believe he is getting some looks, a couple WRs that are good, and the RB is suppose to be good but we bottled up the run game. Then of course the the TE is ranked in Top 60 in his class and the #1 or #2 TE in the country by one site. The defense looked athletic but they had a hard time stopping our offense. 

From what I have seen of him they depend on the tight end too much. They throw to him and rely on the fact that he is 6’7 to make the play. Also run behind him. Makes the offense too 1 dimensional and predictable. 

10 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

From what I have seen of him they depend on the tight end too much. They throw to him and rely on the fact that he is 6’7 to make the play. Also run behind him. Makes the offense too 1 dimensional and predictable. 

You can get away with that stuff when you are playing mediocre teams. When you get to playing better teams that watch a lot of film, and get coached up it will smell trouble for a one dimensional team. 

1 minute ago, ManOfMillions said:

You can get away with that stuff when you are playing mediocre teams. When you get to playing better teams that watch a lot of film, and get coached up it will smell trouble for a one dimensional team. 

I can’t blame them for going to him a lot. He is 6’7 and about 280. There is a reason Bama has offered him. But he can be used as a decoy a lot too in the passing game but they don’t very much. Also when they run behind him they line him up at TE or LT. but when they put him at LT they could pull him more but they don’t do that either. Puzzles me. 

3 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I can’t blame them for going to him a lot. He is 6’7 and about 280. There is a reason Bama has offered him. But he can be used as a decoy a lot too in the passing game but they don’t very much. Also when they run behind him they line him up at TE or LT. but when they put him at LT they could pull him more but they don’t do that either. Puzzles me. 

Old wise coach taught me this years ago. 

" When you win it is because of the players. When you lose it is because of the coach. "

Nevermind the fact that the same coaches win year in and year out. The same coaches that suck, Suck year in and year out. 

Very and do me very few times does a single player make a football team. I have seen a couple in my years but not many. 

35 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I didn't think they threw to him enough when we played them. But, I think we might have also put double coverage on him as we did have our 6'4 TE in on defense lined up against him on a lot of plays I saw.

25 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Maybe that is what they are wanting them teams to think and gameplan that way for when they do play, they might flip the script. There two WRs are good though. I don't know, I figure a lot of what they are thinking is ride their horse. Last year, they had to move him from TE to Center cause they lost their starting center. Figure they believe they can line it up behind him and let him pave the way.