Tennessee High at David Crockett

stockton4182

25 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Not Boone, not Crockett, not Tenn High, not DB, not Science Hill, etc.       Jefferson County made it in 1987, Morristown West in 2003.     Looks to me like it is pretty slim pickin's getting past the Knox County line.     It would be monumental if you made it this year, I'm just saying that history is NOT on the side of NET teams

I believe Crockett is a better team this year has to cut down on penalties if they have any chance. I would love a rematch against Central up here.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, stockton4182 said:

I believe Crockett is a better team this year has to cut down on penalties if they have any chance. I would love a rematch against Central up here.

Sure about that? Lol, I’m just kidding it would be a great game I’m sure, although I’m not sure on Crockett’s Defense without the MLB Number 9 from last year, heckuva ball player. As for vs TN High, I actually got to see them live Friday night vs Cocke County. To be honest they didn’t impress me much, they have a big Line but the QB is short and inaccurate on deep balls. Offense to me is stagnant but their Defense is pretty good. I think Crockett should win fairly easily though.

3 hours ago, blazer1set said:

When you cross the Knox County line from NET something happens.... Not sure what it is, but even mediocre Knoxville teams seem to be in a different universe come playoff time.    So in 5A the answer is "No", neither Crockett nor Tenn High will get past Knox Central, Powell, etc.     That is not to take anything away from the great season both of these teams are going to have, but you have to realize that in NET football (5A/6A) is really not that important like it is in other areas of the state.

To your point Blazer, I think a lot of it has to do with coaching and team speed. To me when I’ve watched most NET teams between last year and this year, it seems they are about a step slower than most of our teams down here. Even Crockett isn’t the fastest team, although they do have some players with good speed. And not to mention, we have a lot of quality coaches here in Knox County right now also. It would be ALOT better if Knox Co paid more to teachers/coaches.

21 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

To your point Blazer, I think a lot of it has to do with coaching and team speed. To me when I’ve watched most NET teams between last year and this year, it seems they are about a step slower than most of our teams down here. Even Crockett isn’t the fastest team, although they do have some players with good speed. And not to mention, we have a lot of quality coaches here in Knox County right now also. It would be ALOT better if Knox Co paid more to teachers/coaches.

You guys take football way more seriously year around.    Up here it is just something to do on Fridays in the fall.    We have fun with it but nobody really expects to get past round 1.     I wish we got really serious about it but that is just the way it is in NET.        (5A/6A folks, don't start commenting on Greeneville.)

39 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Sure about that? Lol, I’m just kidding it would be a great game I’m sure, although I’m not sure on Crockett’s Defense without the MLB Number 9 from last year, heckuva ball player. As for vs TN High, I actually got to see them live Friday night vs Cocke County. To be honest they didn’t impress me much, they have a big Line but the QB is short and inaccurate on deep balls. Offense to me is stagnant but their Defense is pretty good. I think Crockett should win fairly easily though.

I would take an easy game but Crockett had to hit a field goal to win last year it popped up on my Facebook memories a couple days ago.

Larkins, Hackler, and Kollie can be really dangerous when they get in a groove, so I think that will be a little too much to overcome on Friday night.  The Vikings have developed a decent passing game and Keller already has an FBS offer and will undoubtedly have many more by next year.   The schedule, however, has been really light with the exception of DB in game 1 with the combined record of the first 7 opponents being 18-30.  Crockett's schedule isn't much better in comparison, only one team in the first 7 with a winning record, but at least they tried by scheduling Ooltewah and Webb. 

2 hours ago, THSVikings2004 said:

Larkins, Hackler, and Kollie can be really dangerous when they get in a groove, so I think that will be a little too much to overcome on Friday night.  The Vikings have developed a decent passing game and Keller already has an FBS offer and will undoubtedly have many more by next year.   The schedule, however, has been really light with the exception of DB in game 1 with the combined record of the first 7 opponents being 18-30.  Crockett's schedule isn't much better in comparison, only one team in the first 7 with a winning record, but at least they tried by scheduling Ooltewah and Webb. 

Should be a good game. Last year it came down to a field goal