Tennessee High at David Crockett

stockton4182

12 minutes ago, VikingFan2019 said:

This is hilarious. We shot ourselves in the foot multiple times, fought off BS calls that went Crockett’s way, dealt with the timekeeper’s BS and still won. Sometimes you just have to accept you were beaten by a better team. THS did so last year. We’re a good team with a line half the size of the Crockett line and dominated the line of scrimmage. I’m not trying to be a jerk, but THS won the game outright. Even with the extra opportunities the refs and timekeeper gave you. Move onto the playoffs and work your way back into the mix. 

They're pretty evenly matched in most areas and I'm happy to see them win because Crockett has that quick scoring capability.  The running game surprised me on both sides.  Wasn't expecting the Vikings to have any decent rushing yardage or to see Crockett held to 6 yards.  But if we're dealing with hypotheticals or conjecture the Viking offense would obviously be more of a threat if the best player was on every offensive drive instead of playing every other, but I don't expect to see that anytime soon, it's been the same all year.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, THSVikings2004 said:

Lawnman has Betsy ever went undefeated in the regular season aside from that '38 season?  I know they have had several successful teams and several good playoff runs but it seems like they've always had one hiccup during the regular season.

Not that I remember but I’m getting older and forgetful.This Betsy team has size and has worked hard in the weight room and it is a young football team.

12 minutes ago, lawnman said:

THSVikings2004 The coaching staff for TH has done a good coaching this team and they are playing good football.

That's true they have and I truly wasn't expecting them to be 7-1 at this point.  Some decisions though sometimes leave you scratching your head.  I guess the same could be said about any team especially when it's coming from an armchair qb perspective.   They're the ones who are putting in the hours.

Edited by THSVikings2004

6 minutes ago, THSVikings2004 said:

That's true they have and I truly wasn't expecting them to be 7-1 at this point.  Some decisions though sometimes leave you scratching your head.  I guess the same could be said about any team especially when it's coming from an armchair qb perspective.   They're the ones who are putting in the hours.

Yea every football fan sometimes seem to know what play the coach should be calling.Part of human nature I guess but   Best of luck for TH the rest of the year.

3 hours ago, VikingFan2019 said:

This is hilarious. We shot ourselves in the foot multiple times, fought off BS calls that went Crockett’s way, dealt with the timekeeper’s BS and still won. Sometimes you just have to accept you were beaten by a better team. THS did so last year. We’re a good team with a line half the size of the Crockett line and dominated the line of scrimmage. I’m not trying to be a jerk, but THS won the game outright. Even with the extra opportunities the refs and timekeeper gave you. Move onto the playoffs and work your way back into the mix. 

Timekeeping is kept by official in the press box.

52 minutes ago, WoodlawnFalcons said:

Meaning you think they will beat South-Doyle or Central on their home field? As i said before, when Crockett faces a team with a decent o-line/d-line and defense (like TN High) they will be exposed. 

Until Knox Central is beaten then I would say they get the nod against anybody, but I would take Crockett over South-Doyle.