Whitwell @ South Pittsburg

rlh

1 hour ago, Indian said:

Everybody seems excited about putting up 80, 90, or 100 points on a 2-8 type team, a lot of feelings must have been hurt last year. One of the few times ever these teams had similar talent and Whitwell won both. But coaches ran their mouths and acted cocky so let's humiliate players that were on the bench last season. :roll:

Those 4 returning all state linemen weren't on the bench along with others.  Several of the coaches are still around.  That acted up on social media etc.  in an unprecedented fashion.  Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

51 minutes ago, Indian said:

I'm not saying they should start taking a knee in the second quarter. The giddiness over a likely blowout over one of the lowest ranking teams in 1A this year seems a bit much. 

We would prefer them to be rolling in undefeated and ranked #1 in the state.  That was on them.  They got respect last year.  Dunflop didn't play them last year nor the year before nor this year so I don't want to hear anything out of Sequatchie County regarding Whitwell and respect.  Even Sissy Mountain has been playing Whitwell.

1 hour ago, crow said:

True, they should show SP the respect Whitwell has always received from the pirates :roflol:

They got plenty of respect from The Pirates and fans last year.  The responded by acting like they had never been anywhere and walked the walk like they were Kings of the Valley. The King is dead, long live The King. 

6 hours ago, Indian said:

Everybody seems excited about putting up 80, 90, or 100 points on a 2-8 type team, a lot of feelings must have been hurt last year. One of the few times ever these teams had similar talent and Whitwell won both. But coaches ran their mouths and acted cocky so let's humiliate players that were on the bench last season. :roll:

It’s much deeper than what you think. I actually doubt we score more than 50 or so on them.

Also I read this board last season. Where are those WhitWell posters? They had one in particular that was as annoying as some of ours. Redheadtiger or something like that. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

It’s much deeper than what you think. I actually doubt we score more than 50 or so on them.

Also I read this board last season. Where are those WhitWell posters? They had one in particular that was as annoying as some of ours. Redheadtiger or something like that. 

I think you might be right unless our back ups score alot.   

4 hours ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

They seemingly vaporized.  At least Jasper has an alibi with Coach McKrylon and the Ross Ricki debacle.

13 hours ago, sportman said:

I know Whitwell has a bad team this year but just goes to prove that those so called bigtime supporters and fan's they had last year was nothing but a bunch of hot air.  Going from a packed home side to a small crowd show's you what one hit wonder's are. There good for that time and that's all.  I look for it to be a beat down tomorrow night, but I'm sure Coach Grider has our boy's best interest in mind and make sure we come out healthy bc we have a lot bigger fish to fry down the road.. 

I remember when SP had bad seasons and their fan base was almost non existent.  All teams go though lean times and only the parents and girlfriends show up at games.  Don't make it out that SP shows up rain or shine.

10 hours ago, rlh said:

Those 4 returning all state linemen weren't on the bench along with others.  Several of the coaches are still around.  That acted up on social media etc.  in an unprecedented fashion.  Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

and SP fans have never acted up on social media after winning......

• CoachT locked this topic