Whitwell @ South Pittsburg

rlh

1 minute ago, bill347 said:

and SP fans have never acted up on social media after winning......

An individual here and there maybe.  However, not several coaches, players, fans etc. in concert.  Furthermore, the kept it up during basketball games etc.  In addition, the old bearded coach was showing his butt in 2017 when Whitwell lost the 1st game and got it handed to him in the 2nd game badly that year.  I just hope that bearded old punk is still around.

6 minutes ago, bill347 said:

I remember when SP had bad seasons and their fan base was almost non existent.  All teams go though lean times and only the parents and girlfriends show up at games.  Don't make it out that SP shows up rain or shine.

You are full of it.  I have been on here since the early days of Coach T and I watch the Pirates when I can, good, bad, ugly or indifferent.  The worst seasons I remember was 1988 and I saw 9 games.

33 minutes ago, bill347 said:

and SP fans have never acted up on social media after winning......

Bill is that you? Is this a new Bill name? I will also agree with others. The team in red acted classless last season. It carried over into basketball with a certain coach that is still there this season. Something tells me that the Captain won’t show much mercy. 

Dearest Mother-

By the time you receive this letter The Day of Reckoning will be upon us.  But first, I must inform you and Poppa of Captain Victory's absolute masterful plan that overwhelmed and brought down Captain Fitz and the Flying Tigers.  The Flying Tigers were a worthy and formidable adversary and were led by their outstanding Field General.  But our Secretary of Defense put together a most lethal combination of defensive maneuvers that not even Houdini Mussolini could escape.  Additionally, our sidearm and ground forces were most effective along with the Special Forces. All in all it was a sight to behold.  Every last man, woman and child had a hand in this Victory.  And when the dust finally settled inside the Beene, Captain Victory and his Band of Pirates were standing straight and tall. Standing Jubilant and Victorious I must say.   Then as soon as the campaign was over, Captain Victory turned his attention to The Day of Reckoning I briefly mentioned.  Oh, what a Day of Reckoning it shall be.  Woe unto the inhabitants of Red Tiger land.  Woe unto you indeed.  For you have mocked and ridiculed the Captain and his Band of Pirates.  You have hurled insult after insult to every last man, woman and child that defends the Beene.  Therefore, Captain Victory has brought forth his two hands before you.  In each hand he holds your fate.  In his left hand he holds judgment and in his right hand he holds mercy.  So pray, all ye that reside in Red Tiger land.  Cry out in one voice.  Cry out,  Dear God make me a bird so I can fly far far away.  Pray for the right hand. Pray Captain Victory will turn away from his left hand before its too late.   So I beseech you Sweet Mother of mine. I beseech everyone on the farm to pray that God turns the Red Tiger into a little bitty bird.  And pray therefore that the right hand is heavier than the left hand.  Pray ye therefore,  for The Day of Reckoning is at hand.   Love and Mercy to all.

Sgt   Southtowner
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:
Dearest Mother-

By the time you receive this letter The Day of Reckoning will be upon us.  But first, I must inform you and Poppa of Captain Victory's absolute masterful plan that overwhelmed and brought down Captain Fitz and the Flying Tigers.  The Flying Tigers were a worthy and formidable adversary and were led by their outstanding Field General.  But our Secretary of Defense put together a most lethal combination of defensive maneuvers that not even Houdini Mussolini could escape.  Additionally, our sidearm and ground forces were most effective along with the Special Forces. All in all it was a sight to behold.  Every last man, woman and child had a hand in this Victory.  And when the dust finally settled inside the Beene, Captain Victory and his Band of Pirates were standing straight and tall. Standing Jubilant and Victorious I must say.   Then as soon as the campaign was over, Captain Victory turned his attention to The Day of Reckoning I briefly mentioned.  Oh, what a Day of Reckoning it shall be.  Woe unto the inhabitants of Red Tiger land.  Woe unto you indeed.  For you have mocked and ridiculed the Captain and his Band of Pirates.  You have hurled insult after insult to every last man, woman and child that defends the Beene.  Therefore, Captain Victory has brought forth his two hands before you.  In each hand he holds your fate.  In his left hand he holds judgment and in his right hand he holds mercy.  So pray, all ye that reside in Red Tiger land.  Cry out in one voice.  Cry out,  Dear God make me a bird so I can fly far far away.  Pray for the right hand. Pray Captain Victory will turn away from his left hand before its too late.   So I beseech you Sweet Mother of mine. I beseech everyone on the farm to pray that God turns the Red Tiger into a little bitty bird.  And pray therefore that the right hand is heavier than the left hand.  Pray ye therefore,  for The Day of Reckoning is at hand.   Love and Mercy to all.

Sgt   Southtowner

Preach it brother ST.

• Upvote 1

On 10/17/2019 at 7:35 AM, sportman said:

I know Whitwell has a bad team this year but just goes to prove that those so called bigtime supporters and fan's they had last year was nothing but a bunch of hot air.  Going from a packed home side to a small crowd show's you what one hit wonder's are. There good for that time and that's all.  I look for it to be a beat down tomorrow night, but I'm sure Coach Grider has our boy's best interest in mind and make sure we come out healthy bc we have a lot bigger fish to fry down the road.. 

I’ve said that time and time again. Whether win or lose your community should support you, not just when your good. One reason I hate the town of whitwell. Whitwell May have 50 people in the stands tonight if they are lucky. 

12 hours ago, bill347 said:

I remember when SP had bad seasons and their fan base was almost non existent.  All teams go though lean times and only the parents and girlfriends show up at games.  Don't make it out that SP shows up rain or shine.

I challenge you to tell me what seasons those were. I have been going to games for 50 years and we've always had a decent crowd even when we had those very few bad teams, so get that crap out of here buddy.  Of coarse a 300-400 crowd is bad for SP but I'm talking less than 50 in the crowd.  And yes, we do show up rain or shine. 

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic