Grundy @ Upperman

Workforit247

4 hours ago, BigOrangeBaller said:

Supposedly he is getting paid close to $80,000 to be the head of maintenance.  Right at the same as the director of schools if not a little bit more. 

You think they could do better if that's the case.  This Grundy coach and his team are going to get ran all the way back down Walden's Ridge tonight.

On 10/16/2019 at 1:22 PM, Bearfire18 said:

They are only out there for the money?  What money?  Grundy Co. is one of the lowest paying in the state.

Considering Grundy County is one of the poorest counties in Tennessee and they don’t generate much revenue.... yes they pay way more of a supplement than other counties around Grundy especially for a Coach with zero high school coaching experience. 

Edited by Workforit247

11 hours ago, Raider1234 said:

:thumb::popcorneater:

I would like to say thank you to the upperman staff. My son got hurt tonight and the trainer and doctor took my son in their locker room and checked him  out. I can’t say enough about the Upperman fans, principal, and coaching staff. Hands down one the classiest group of people I’ve ever been around. I hope you guys go all the way this year, and again thank you for taking care of my son.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, jnutz said:

I would like to say thank you to the upperman staff. My son got hurt tonight and the trainer and doctor took my son in their locker room and checked him  out. I can’t say enough about the Upperman fans, principal, and coaching staff. Hands down one the classiest group of people I’ve ever been around. I hope you guys go all the way this year, and again thank you for taking care of my son.

I'm assuming your son is #2.  If so, you could tell he is a tough, hard nosed, and good football player.  I hope he's okay and has a speedy recovery.

On 10/12/2019 at 7:35 AM, Workforit247 said:

Any thoughts on the game this week?

Upperman should take the win this week since Coach Hayworth doesn’t know anything about defense, special teams, or offense.   Most people like to blame Grundy’s offense as the problem, but people fail to mention all of the points that have been scored on the defense.  Coach Hayworth needs to fix the defense, but he doesn’t know how.   He thought he could fix the offense by changing the OC in the middle of the season.... maybe he could fix everything by quitting and going home and take the new OC with him.  They are not good for the kids.  They are only there for the money and to be seen on Friday nights.  They do no work in between Friday nights and take their frustrations out on the kids.  Parents and players need to speak up and stand up for themselves. 

I just want you to know that I am extremely disappointed in not only you but half the parents that attend our football games. You guys and you guys only are what is wrong with this team. You know the high school practices everyday 3:30-6 pm Monday through Thursday. How many people do you know to play division 1 football plus play in the NFL? I’d say jack squat aside from Coach Hayworth. Not only has that man busted his butt Monday through Thursday to help these boys try and win a game and put them in places to win games. Players play and coaches coach. He can call every defensive play in the world if the players won’t execute it then there ain’t nothin he can do. Coach Hayworth didn’t replace the OC. The OC stepped down at 1 am homecoming morning and hasn’t done so much as help make adjustments during the game for the past 3 games. But let’s make no mistakes the score board has been lit up more times under the offensive line coaches offense then the former OC that just stands there on the sideline not trying to help anybody. But I guess you’d know what’s going on if you wasn’t kicked out of the field house huh. 58 points scored compared to the lousy 14 points scored against a York team that we should have beat the breaks off the team. No let’s blame coach Hayworth because we wasn’t there for those two games. You and the current fan base we have now are what’s wrong with this football team. Instead of trying to bash a man and not support him y’all should be the ones supporting him and helping him in anyway possible. Heck maybe you can force the 30 players that don’t show up to practice through the week. I can 100% assure you if they was coaching for the money they wouldn’t be at Grundy county. 80k a year smh you a special kind of stupid ain’t ya? Coach Hayworth is the best thing this mountain could have ever asked for but it’s freakin turds like you that do nothin but give this county a bad name. You outta be ashamed of yourself and if you are who I think you are then you should be even more ashamed being that you work at the division office. I’ve said my 2 cents. I’m out... 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jackets86 said:

I just want you to know that I am extremely disappointed in not only you but half the parents that attend our football games. You guys and you guys only are what is wrong with this team. You know the high school practices everyday 3:30-6 pm Monday through Thursday. How many people do you know to play division 1 football plus play in the NFL? I’d say jack squat aside from Coach Hayworth. Not only has that man busted his butt Monday through Thursday to help these boys try and win a game and put them in places to win games. Players play and coaches coach. He can call every defensive play in the world if the players won’t execute it then there ain’t nothin he can do. Coach Hayworth didn’t replace the OC. The OC stepped down at 1 am homecoming morning and hasn’t done so much as help make adjustments during the game for the past 3 games. But let’s make no mistakes the score board has been lit up more times under the offensive line coaches offense then the former OC that just stands there on the sideline not trying to help anybody. But I guess you’d know what’s going on if you wasn’t kicked out of the field house huh. 58 points scored compared to the lousy 14 points scored against a York team that we should have beat the breaks off the team. No let’s blame coach Hayworth because we wasn’t there for those two games. You and the current fan base we have now are what’s wrong with this football team. Instead of trying to bash a man and not support him y’all should be the ones supporting him and helping him in anyway possible. Heck maybe you can force the 30 players that don’t show up to practice through the week. I can 100% assure you if they was coaching for the money they wouldn’t be at Grundy county. 80k a year smh you a special kind of stupid ain’t ya? Coach Hayworth is the best thing this mountain could have ever asked for but it’s freakin turds like you that do nothin but give this county a bad name. You outta be ashamed of yourself and if you are who I think you are then you should be even more ashamed being that you work at the division office. I’ve said my 2 cents. I’m out... 

I should also add that a good darn defense relies on a solid offense. You can’t expect your defense to hold the darn light 60-65 plays a night while your offense turns the ball over. Aside from the night Grundy county legit should be 6-2 on the year. And if they would have showed up tonight who knows what the score is. But when you turn the ball over 4 times in the game plus rack up 50 yards in penalties what do you expect. Bein the coachin guru that you are maybe you can help em figure that out. I’d recommend by rounding them 30 players and havin em show up to practice on Monday at 3:30

12 hours ago, Goldeaglefan said:

Thanks to the players, coaches and fans from Grundy County. It is always a pleasure to host you in Baxter. You have some talented kids with huge heart and they played all out the whole game.  You should be very proud of your kids and their families. They are a class act. 

Thank you..... as long as I can remember Coach Caine, his coaching staff, and the Upperman players have always been respectful and give it their all on the field.  Best of luck to y’all going forward in your season.  

12 hours ago, Jackets86 said:

Buddy, I don’t think you know what in the heck you are talking about.  I wasn’t at the game last night. I am on vacation with my family in another state.  I don’t work at whatever division office you are talking about.   I am usually working out of town and only get to watch the Grundy County games on GCTV.   However, I do talk to several of the players and parents and they vent to me their frustrations and concerns.  I think it is funny how you see things.  So you think the players, fans, and the some of the other coaches are the problem?   I am sure that will win over everyone.  

16 hours ago, VictoryFormation said:

I'm assuming your son is #2.  If so, you could tell he is a tough, hard nosed, and good football player.  I hope he's okay and has a speedy recovery.

Yes sir he’s number #2 and the Upperman staff took care of him and made me and him feel we were part of the Upperman family. I can never say thank you enough to the Upperman staff, and doctor. You guys definitely have a great thing going on and I wish nothing but the best for you guys.

• Like 1