#1 Greeneville @ #2 Betsy

DevilMan03

1 hour ago, gr8tplay said:

I usually don’t reply to back and forth banter about which “team” is what. I know it’s all in good fun and rooted in school pride and supporting your team, school and community. With that being said, I think that some of the Betsy fans are way off the mark. So before you say anything, yes!  I support the Cyclones. I’m at every home game. I work in Greeneville and I am reminded everyday when I drive to work about how good the sports teams are in Greeneville. They have multiple state championships in many sports. So to address this enter town and it’s people on the foolish assumptions of ones immature thoughts due to a football rivalry is ludicrous. I have many good friends here in Elizabethton and in Greeneville. Much respect for the achievements for this school and its student athletes. They are proud and supportive of their football team as EHS was of their state championship lady cyclones. But the hard fact is this.......The Devils are the bench mark in East Tennessee.  Period!  If you wanna be the best, beat the best!  Don’t take shots at the community for having the same pride and positive attitude that Betsy fans had in basketball.  With success comes a certain amount acceptable trash talk. But keep it about sports and not the people. I have been looking forward to this game all season. I want to see if we can play with and be good enough to beat the Greene Devils. No excuses. Line up and play hard nose, clean football. Praying for a injury free game for both teams. 

New to Coach T. Great post. I do think it will be a very competitive Game. Whoever makes the least mistakes will get “W”. I do feel in watching film we are as evenly matched than we have been in previous years. I believe we are a better team up front than Greeneville this year. I know the staff had to make changes going into this year to compete with the Devils and that team in Knoxville. And that started in the weight room... So all we can do is kick it off and see what happens. Both teams are class acts, and want both to come out injury free. I know the atmosphere will be electric. Looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, noonesfool said:

Well said gre8play. The Devil and Cyclone teams and communities have much more in common than they have differences, which includes competitive athletics, great fine arts program, and excellent academics. On Friday night FB is the only game in town as they pack their stadiums. They both have a long history of playing schools that have 400 - 1500 more students than themselves. Losing is not acceptable at either school. Great respect goes out to Betsy from a Devil.

+2

9 minutes ago, EHSTrack06 said:

It's all a waste of time. If EHS wins everyone on here knows Devilman will come up with every excuse in the book to justify their loss. Heck...even when they win the excuses flow as to why they didn't win by more. It honestly gets tiring. 

“Keyword “IF” 

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we’d all have a Merry Christmas 

2 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

It's all a waste of time. If EHS wins everyone on here knows Devilman will come up with every excuse in the book to justify their loss. Heck...even when they win the excuses flow as to why they didn't win by more. It honestly gets tiring. 

I agree lol Devilman has a playbook he uses every year.  I think this is the year he has run out of plays.  The public has caught on.  I look for some sneaky trick plays in this game just to keep Greeneville ahead. God forbid they loose. 

Does anyone know what stations will be showing or streaming live this game via internet  and TV. This should be the game of the week.  I am watching this game as it has deep implementations for the Mavericks.

I would just send our second string to Chattanooga and have all starters and coaching staff attend this game.  Heck we have the best scout in East Tennessee. Lol just playing.  Should be one heck of a fun game to watch. 

4 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Does anyone know what stations will be showing or streaming live this game via internet  and TV. This should be the game of the week.  I am watching this game as it has deep implementations for the Mavericks.

I would just send our second string to Chattanooga and have all starters and coaching staff attend this game.  Heck we have the best scout in East Tennessee. Lol just playing.  Should be one heck of a fun game to watch. 

What’s that saying your cow friends have been saying? 

In Your head 

Rent Free 

All the Time! 

And yes Wcyb is broadcasting this game. 

I don't take Sonny Moore's poll too serious, so this is just for conversation.........

12 GREENEVILLE 4A 5 1 0 99.36 128.48

15 ELIZABETHTON 4A 6 0 0 98.72 126.19

To estimate the score difference of a game, compare the two
teams PR and add 2.00 points to the home team for the average HFA

Take the power ranking 128.48-126.19= 2 point game?  Playing at Besty +2 points?

Wow, this is going to be a good one!:thumb: