#1 Greeneville @ #2 Betsy

DevilMan03

I'll go back later and read from the start .I know there will be a lot of junk talk from atleast one or two Devil fans and one or two fans from the Betsy side as well .I'll let the players from both sides take care of all that stuff Friday night.I've got nothing but good to say about Elizabethton and their program.Same for my Devils,both teams fans should be well pleased with what they have had for most of the last several years.As I said about AC on another thread,if not for where they have played and sometimes the Devils,I think Elizabethton would have brought home another state title or two.This should be a great game and when it's over,the players need to shake hands and get ready for a possible rematch in the playoffs.More then just  a victory for the best teams,I want it to be a clean and injury free game for all the young men putting it  on the line for both schools.

On 10/13/2019 at 8:46 PM, jjm70 said:

Can you have a great week and weekend in Greeneville TN? 

Being for real here.  Some of us get on here to read for amusement, some to try to get the person on the other end fired up by talking a little smack or to show support for a team.   There’s some on here that can talk the smack really well, and some not so good.  I could very well be one of those that fall in that category of the not so good smack talkers.   If I or anyone else were to go back and read all of my post that I have put on CT I’m sure we could find things that I could have approached and worded differently.   

I’ll still try to ruffle some feathers and I probably do that thing were you insert the foot in mouth a lot...Lol, but please know it’s all in fun.  Anyhow, I want to say I truly hope you have a great week and weekend as well as the REST OF YOU on here :thumb: :thumb::thumb:

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

Being for real here.  Some of us get on here to read for amusement, some to try to get the person on the other end fired up by talking a little smack or to show support for a team.   There’s some on here that can talk the smack really well, and some not so good.  I could very well be one of those that fall in that category of the not so good smack talkers.   If I or anyone else were to go back and read all of my post that I have put on CT I’m sure we could find things that I could have approached and worded differently.   

I’ll still try to ruffle some feathers and I probably do that thing were you insert the foot in mouth a lot...Lol, but please know it’s all in fun.  Anyhow, I want to say I truly hope you have a great week and weekend as well as the REST OF YOU on here :thumb: :thumb::thumb:

All of us who have wrote more then a few times on coacht could have worded a few things differently.Well,after thinking about it.There is a Maryville fan who has probably not made to many folks mad on coacht. I just call him Stars.I can't imagine how big headed most of us would be if we had a team like those guys or Alcoa have had for so many years now. The way Devilman writes  would probably be the  "  voice of reason " for most teams in the state.

48 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

All of us who have wrote more then a few times on coacht could have worded a few things differently.Well,after thinking about it.There is a Maryville fan who has probably not made to many folks mad on coacht. I just call him Stars.I can't imagine how big headed most of us would be if we had a team like those guys or Alcoa have had for so many years now. The way Devilman writes  would probably be the  "  voice of reason " for most teams in the state.

I’m just your friendly neighborhood “DevilMan”

20 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

I would like to pose a question to both Betsy and Devil fans.

Why do you think you can beat the other team? Opportunity to speak in X’s and O’s, personel, how you beat common opponents, potential coaching decisions and philosophy.

Thanks

That's a great question .The coaches for both teams  have spent countless hours on each other and both teams have really good coaches and really good players.Like the old saying goes,I think it's simply the team in this game that doesn't turn the ball over and make stupid mistakes.In other words,it's to close in my mind to say it's a done deal for the Devils or Betsy.

10 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

That's a great question .The coaches for both teams  have spent countless hours on each other and both teams have really good coaches and really good players.Like the old saying goes,I think it's simply the team in this game that doesn't turn the ball over and make stupid mistakes.In other words,it's to close in my mind to say it's a done deal for the Devils or Betsy.

I like Greeneville chances because I believe they can lineup and pound the rock just like last year and if needed they’ll throw it as imo We have the better players at all skills levels vs theirs 

2 hours ago, noonesfool said:

I would like to pose a question to both Betsy and Devil fans.

Why do you think you can beat the other team? Opportunity to speak in X’s and O’s, personel, how you beat common opponents, potential coaching decisions and philosophy.

1. The guts of them team as a whole.

2. Speed

3. Ty Youngblood 

4. This team wants to prove they can win it all without those everyone say they couldnt win without

1: The guts of the team as a whole. 

2: Speed(something ehs always has) 

3: Dual threat QB and some big WRs that can get those 50/50 jump balls

4: This team wants to prove they can win it all and get the Greeneville roadblock out of the way. 

Weakness: Depth. We don't have the numbers we usually have so we got skill players playing both ways. Also can be exposed by a solid running game. As seen by Boone. Special teams. 

Edited by EHSTrack06

I think that the game is a mental thing first. Greeneville has won ( please correct me if I’m wrong ) ten out of twelve.  Has won the gold ball four times. They have the “we can win” mentality. Betsy has “I think we can win” mentality and that’ll cause a small amount of reservations. History shows that Betsy has played more conservative against Greeneville then in other games. So before I’m called out for this, the 2017 game Greeneville had a 3 nothing lead. EHS is down near the goal line and faces fourth down. Needing about a yard and a half ( if memory is correct ) and he goes for a field goal to tie and not bring in a bigger set to say....”we’re gonna score a touchdown here..” and take a lead into the half.   To me that showed they were “hoping” to make it a game. Now this is just my opinion and others may disagree. But that Devils “D”  locked down and the Devils answered with 21 straight before a late TD score by Betsy in the fourth. EHS had less than 100 yards rushing and just couldn’t stop the power running game of the Devils. I think the edge is clearly with Greeneville and the Cyclones will need a huge game to get the win. Different defensive sets now for Elizabethton has made this team a different animal. But can we handle their line for four quarters?  The ground  and pound rushing game with the “can happen at any moment “ passing game to some very athletic receivers will cause the Defense to stay home and cover the entire field.  Not sure how our secondary can match with their wide outs. I do think EHS can pass the ball well enough to be competitive but have to keep a good run-pass balance. Greeneville has some big motored ends that get a lot of pressure on the opposing QB. Can we give him enough time to throw?  Will remain to be seen. 

• Thanks 1