#1 Greeneville @ #2 Betsy

DevilMan03

9 minutes ago, Greendevil87 said:

Congratulations to Elizabethton great game and great Atmosphere. Rollins was the Difference he is a very special player. 

Thanks Devil87, and he’s just a sophomore. 

Talk about walking a razors edge! Not once, but twice!  Devils have a short field and score. Can’t do that and survive many games. Awesome game. Came down to special teams and for most of the game it seemed the Devils had that advantage. Huge defensive stands by the Cyclones and a Holly-Holly kick and EHS wins by 3. Got to love high school football!!!

Edited by gr8tplay
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, gr8tplay said:

Thanks Devil87, and he’s just a sophomore. 

Talk about walking a razors edge! Not once, but twice!  Devils have a short field and score. Can’t do that and survive many games. Awesome game. Came down to special teams and for most of the game it seemed the Devils had that advantage. Huge defensive stands by the Cyclones and a Holly-Holly kick and EHS wins by 3. Got to love high school football!!!

Couldn’t have said it better gr8yplay

Thanks Lawnman I hope so. Definitely made the road ahead tuffer tonight. I have a lot of frustration with the coaching staff right now. Just not sure this is the place or Time to say much about it. I would not want to do of say anything to take away from Elizabethton's Win they played a Great Game and Deserved to Win

Edited by Greendevil87

8 hours ago, Greendevil87 said:

Thanks Lawnman I hope so. Definitely made the road ahead tuffer tonight. I have a lot of frustration with the coaching staff right now. Just not sure this is the place or Time to say much about it. I would not want to do of say anything to take away from Elizabethton's Win they played a Great Game and Deserved to Win

Coaching at the end of the half was terrible. 1:30 left with two timeouts USE THEM! 

Offensive play-calling imo was terrible. I know many other Devil fans feel the same way. Hansel needs to get it together or give those duties to someone else.

Again Good Game Betsy. The redzone mistakes were very costly and you can’t have that in close games. 

But remember Cookeville goes through the Champs. You may have got this one but 3rd round can easily go the other eay 

Edited by DevilMan03
  • Thanks 1

Both teams have to get thru the first 2 rounds  before they can meet again. Elizabethton won the 2nd half they were a lot better. Greeneville had it first and 10 at the 40 up by 7 and did nothing. I agree the coaching for greeneville was not that good but if elizabethton could snap the ball the game would have been over sooner.

If I heard it correctly, Elizabethton didn't start a senior on the offensive line and the QB is a sophomore as well.Young man named Parker had a huge game and I think is a junior.Maupin was a difference maker last night and is a great senior talent that I seen play in the Kingsport system for years.That will probably cause a lot of other talented local players and their families to consider the same move going forward.Got to like where your program is for sure right now.