#1 Greeneville @ #2 Betsy

DevilMan03

1 hour ago, SpreadAttack said:

So you’re “from Greeneville” and are complaining about referees working the game being from Greeneville? Give me a break. It obviously wasn’t enough to overcome the homer white hat...

Here is your break. Yes I am “from Greeneville”. Just because I am “from Greeneville” doesn’t mean I have to support or cheer for the satans. I was just stating the fact that one referee for sure went to GHS and his dad (who was the clock operator last night) is a GHS supporter and probably went to GHS as well. That’s not right to have them be officials of one of the biggest games of the year, whether it effected the game or not. I told one of my buddies, who played for GHS back in the early 2000’s, about who they picked as officials for the game and he didn’t believe me because he thought the same thing as I did. TSSAA needs to do better in that situation. 

14 minutes ago, VolsBy40 said:

Here is your break. Yes I am “from Greeneville”. Just because I am “from Greeneville” doesn’t mean I have to support or cheer for the satans. I was just stating the fact that one referee for sure went to GHS and his dad (who was the clock operator last night) is a GHS supporter and probably went to GHS as well. That’s not right to have them be officials of one of the biggest games of the year, whether it effected the game or not. I told one of my buddies, who played for GHS back in the early 2000’s, about who they picked as officials for the game and he didn’t believe me because he thought the same thing as I did. TSSAA needs to do better in that situation. 

Line judge was a Carter co. Resident 

I know several refs and they are straight up honest guys that try to be fair.Some guys just can't do the job very well.Anyone see the Florida touchdown run against SC today.The right tackle jumped before the play and there was half a football field worth of holding by one player alone and the score counted.Now if a ref is not honest nomatter where he is from,then he doesn't need to be out there.Shoot,myself and some of my friends were working the same ring at a martial arts event in Atlanta several years ago.We gave the victory to a kid from Georgia over one of our own local kids .Simply because it was the right thing to do.

On 10/13/2019 at 7:59 PM, BVDevil said:

allow me to provide a little levity to this clearly super serious topic.....

ONE....Greeneville is clearly the superior program, after all, just look at how many tophies our band has.

TWO....Our consistency is second to none....we play the exact same songs, in the exact same order EVERY halftime...dont beleive me? Why else do you think our program this year is called "The greatest showman"

THREE....we stick together, no matter how tough the situation may get, hence, our name "THE PRIDE of the devils"

FOUR.....nobody and i mean NOBODY, no matter how easy yall say our schedule is this year,  has scored on the band so far this season.

and FIVE....our band has played in two straight and 5 total state championship games....how many have the cyclones played in??.....I'll wait, im here all week!

When you become NATIONAL CHAMPIONS like DB, then come crow. Till the BVD, how does it feel to lose???

I am going to keep quite. Both teams fairly even on any given night. Most are already predicting the rematch. But they keep forgetting about the little team on Rocky Top. 

Congratulations to the cyclones ! I knew they could do it but I was very impressed to say the least.

Neither team are explosive but very good defensively. so playoffs will be fun. The Mavs have a tough game next week to worry about.