#1 Greeneville @ #2 Betsy

DevilMan03

11 minutes ago, DandDD said:

Good guys. All of them.  Played against Scott and was around him quite a bit when he was at Volunteer. Super person and a very good coach. He never had much to work with in Church Hill but he did get a playoff win against TN High which is something Volunteer had never done before he got there and hasn't done since. I felt like they ran him off too soon. He knew how to build a staff. He had one of his nephews (a Witten) and Casey Sivert (his dad coached for years at Cherokee) and a couple of old Betsy coaches, one of them was Dave Rider.  Those boys had so much enthusiasm.  Elizabethton will continue to excel as long as Shawn is running the program.

I agree this program struggled after Dave left and Shawn has revived it.

Shawn did not have an easy task, EHS was definitely in a downward spiral. He's the best thing that could have happened to EHS. We've gotten better year after year with hardly any real drop off. Our training has improved(strength especially) and our young kids (middle school and below) show lots of potential and promise if they stay in the system. I think bright things could be in store, EHS has now beaten Greeneville and even though it was close, that might be just enough to give these guys the confidence needed to get over that 3rd round hump. Now they know they can hang with the big dogs. Would like to play Anderson again to avenge the losses but a rematch with Greeneville would be nice also. (Assuming we make it that far as anything can happen on a friday with high school kids). Devil fans have nothing to apologize for. They've earned the right to talk some smack. 

6 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

To All of you Cyclone fans - This was a huge WIN for you guys, and much deserved.  The 2nd half the Cyclones was clearly the better team and wasn’t going to be denied.   It’s never exciting to lose, especially to those Cyclones, but if we’re going to lose then what a better program to lose to.  A lot of you have rubbed it in, salting the wound per and many of you have done it with class/respect - We had it coming.  Much respect for you guys.   I am truly happy for you.

Now for jjm70 -  I went back through all my comments that I replied toward your comments.  Some of them must have made you angry or left a sour taste in mouth for me.  I am pretty sure that it is you going back through CoachT even as far back as the AE vs Greene game hitting that sad face icon on my comments/replies :).  Even if it’s not you, it was well deserved on my part.  I am eating a lot of CROW, and the laugh is on me.  Looking back at some of my replies to you I could have approached/worded them differently than what I did, and I would like to apologize to you.  My apologies to you jjm70.  Moving forward - I never want Greene to lose to the Cyclones and I am sure there’s plenty of other Greene fans that feel the same & we know that you and a lot of other Cyclone fans never want to lose to Greene and that’s one of the multiple things that make this rivalry what is it today.  At the end of the day I still love ya man and I would give the shirt off my back to you or any other Cyclone fan and I am sure many other Greene fans as well as Dman would do the same.   Hat’s off to you my friend.  

I do believe the Cyclones and Greene will meet up again soon in the playoffs.  Either way, we must keep those (cows / mavsinflight) back in Anderson County come Cookeville time.   Have a great week.

Yeah I hope you have two shirts to give off your back...lol Yeah can't wait for your rematch either. But I am not waiting for He'll to Freeze over either..lol That's ok Mavs still not getting respect....But We Will Earn It This Year and the cyclones and Devils will be cheering for the Mavs in Cookeville.....

15 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Yeah I hope you have two shirts to give off your back...lol Yeah can't wait for your rematch either. But I am not waiting for He'll to Freeze over either..lol That's ok Mavs still not getting respect....But We Will Earn It This Year and the cyclones and Devils will be cheering for the Mavs in Cookeville.....

Hey if it happens and I mean IF I will be cheering for the Mavs...man that hurts to say...lol

25 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

You gotta beat the best to be the best.  Right now the Cyclones have at least beaten Greene once this season.   So either way you’ll be choosing your poison if the mavs make it that far to play either one of them. :roflol:If perhaps the mavs were to make it past Greene or the Cyclones as much as hate to say it, I would pull for east TN so that would include you, but don’t go and tell anyone I said that now :mrgreen:

Edited by Romansfive8

3 hours ago, lawnman said:

Hey if it happens and I mean IF I will be cheering for the Mavs...man that hurts to say...lol

3 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

You gotta beat the best to be the best.  Right now the Cyclones have at least beaten Greene once this season.   So either way you’ll be choosing your poison if the mavs make it that far to play either one of them. :roflol:If perhaps the mavs were to make it past Greene or the Cyclones as much as hate to say it, I would pull for east TN so that would include you, but don’t go and tell anyone I said that now :mrgreen:

Ok I know it's funny laughable lol but 2017 not many Devils were not laughing too much.....and fact we have always beaten Betsy. So if we do not make it as usual lol of course I am Big East Tennessee all the way even if East Hamilton makes it. We could tell early two different types of monsters played Powell. Hopefully we have our endurance and our defense ready....then look out Betsy and Greene Monster...here we come. But right now we have a bigger threat in East Hamilton....I thus far put them right up there with all of us...until proven otherwise. We have a hand full this Friday...

Betsy has been crowned the New Reigning #1 Heavy weight in Class 4A. And has knocked Greeneville out top 4 in associated press. 

Pts      Prv

1. Elizabethton (17)             8-0                185      2

2. Haywood County (1)        7-1                156      3

3. Anderson County (1)        7-1                144      4

4. Nolensville                        8-0                129      5

5. Greeneville                       6-2                 121     1

Wow what 3pts in the last seconds can do to a reputation. The bigger they are the harder they fall. Here that Betsy your in the crosshairs.

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Betsy has been crowned the New Reigning #1 Heavy weight in Class 4A. And has knocked Greeneville out top 4 in associated press. 

Pts      Prv

1. Elizabethton (17)             8-0                185      2

2. Haywood County (1)        7-1                156      3

3. Anderson County (1)        7-1                144      4

4. Nolensville                        8-0                129      5

5. Greeneville                       6-2                 121     1

Wow what 3pts in the last seconds can do to a reputation. The bigger they are the harder they fall. Here that Betsy your in the crosshairs.

The cream will rise to the top don't worry Mav lol

• Upvote 2