#1 Greeneville @ #2 Betsy

DevilMan03

allow me to provide a little levity to this clearly super serious topic.....

ONE....Greeneville is clearly the superior program, after all, just look at how many tophies our band has.

TWO....Our consistency is second to none....we play the exact same songs, in the exact same order EVERY halftime...dont beleive me? Why else do you think our program this year is called "The greatest showman"

THREE....we stick together, no matter how tough the situation may get, hence, our name "THE PRIDE of the devils"

FOUR.....nobody and i mean NOBODY, no matter how easy yall say our schedule is this year,  has scored on the band so far this season.

and FIVE....our band has played in two straight and 5 total state championship games....how many have the cyclones played in??.....I'll wait, im here all week!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, BVDevil said:

allow me to provide a little levity to this clearly super serious topic.....

ONE....Greeneville is clearly the superior program, after all, just look at how many tophies our band has.

TWO....Our consistency is second to none....we play the exact same songs, in the exact same order EVERY halftime...dont beleive me? Why else do you think our program this year is called "The greatest showman"

THREE....we stick together, no matter how tough the situation may get, hence, our name "THE PRIDE of the devils"

FOUR.....nobody and i mean NOBODY, no matter how easy yall say our schedule is this year,  has scored on the band so far this season.

and FIVE....our band has played in two straight and 5 total state championship games....how many have the cyclones played in??.....I'll wait, im here all week!

Elizabethton’s band has more trophies than you can count.I believe you play the same songs during halftime because it’s part of the show.:roflol:I’m sure if you want to see all the trophies one of the “Betsy band” parents in Section AA Friday night will take you and show them to you so you can put that on your YouTube Video. 

46 minutes ago, jjm70 said:

Probly have more Education than most people in Greeneville. 

My friend I was just about to give you a thumbs up for a good come back, but you spelled (probably) incorrectly.    I can tell it’s going to be a great week & weekend for GreenEville TN:mrgreen: 

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

My friend I was just about to give you a thumbs up for a good come back, but you spelled probably incorrect.     I can tell it’s going to be a great week & weekend for the Greeneville TN:mrgreen: 

Can you have a great week and weekend in Greeneville TN? 

1 hour ago, jjm70 said:

Elizabethton’s band has more trophies than you can count.I believe you play the same songs during halftime because it’s part of the show.:roflol:I’m sure if you want to see all the trophies one of the “Betsy band” parents in Section AA Friday night will take you and show them to you so you can put that on your YouTube Video. 

Greeneville Plays for GOLD BALLS :flower:

Betsy Plays for Gold Horn? :hungry:

:popcorneater:

Edited by DevilMan03

I usually don’t reply to back and forth banter about which “team” is what. I know it’s all in good fun and rooted in school pride and supporting your team, school and community. With that being said, I think that some of the Betsy fans are way off the mark. So before you say anything, yes!  I support the Cyclones. I’m at every home game. I work in Greeneville and I am reminded everyday when I drive to work about how good the sports teams are in Greeneville. They have multiple state championships in many sports. So to address this enter town and it’s people on the foolish assumptions of ones immature thoughts due to a football rivalry is ludicrous. I have many good friends here in Elizabethton and in Greeneville. Much respect for the achievements for this school and its student athletes. They are proud and supportive of their football team as EHS was of their state championship lady cyclones. But the hard fact is this.......The Devils are the bench mark in Northeast Tennessee.  Period!  If you wanna be the best, beat the best!  Don’t take shots at the community for having the same pride and positive attitude that Betsy fans had in basketball.  With success comes a certain amount acceptable trash talk. But keep it about sports and not the people. I have been looking forward to this game all season. I want to see if we can play with and be good enough to beat the Greene Devils. No excuses. Line up and play hard nose, clean football. Praying for a injury free game for both teams. 

Edited by gr8tplay
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, gr8tplay said:

I usually don’t reply to back and forth banter about which “team” is what. I know it’s all in good fun and rooted in school pride and supporting your team, school and community. With that being said, I think that some of the Betsy fans are way off the mark. So before you say anything, yes!  I support the Cyclones. I’m at every home game. I work in Greeneville and I am reminded everyday when I drive to work about how good the sports teams are in Greeneville. They have multiple state championships in many sports. So to address this enter town and it’s people on the foolish assumptions of ones immature thoughts due to a football rivalry is ludicrous. I have many good friends here in Elizabethton and in Greeneville. Much respect for the achievements for this school and its student athletes. They are proud and supportive of their football team as EHS was of their state championship lady cyclones. But the hard fact is this.......The Devils are the bench mark in East Tennessee.  Period!  If you wanna be the best, beat the best!  Don’t take shots at the community for having the same pride and positive attitude that Betsy fans had in basketball.  With success comes a certain amount acceptable trash talk. But keep it about sports and not the people. I have been looking forward to this game all season. I want to see if we can play with and be good enough to beat the Greene Devils. No excuses. Line up and play hard nose, clean football. Praying for a injury free game for both teams. 

Well said gre8play. The Devil and Cyclone teams and communities have much more in common than they have differences, which includes competitive athletics, great fine arts program, and excellent academics. On Friday night FB is the only game in town as they pack their stadiums. They both have a long history of playing schools that have 400 - 1500 more students than themselves. Losing is not acceptable at either school. Great respect goes out to Betsy from a Devil.

1 hour ago, gr8tplay said:

I usually don’t reply to back and forth banter about which “team” is what. I know it’s all in good fun and rooted in school pride and supporting your team, school and community. With that being said, I think that some of the Betsy fans are way off the mark. So before you say anything, yes!  I support the Cyclones. I’m at every home game. I work in Greeneville and I am reminded everyday when I drive to work about how good the sports teams are in Greeneville. They have multiple state championships in many sports. So to address this enter town and it’s people on the foolish assumptions of ones immature thoughts due to a football rivalry is ludicrous. I have many good friends here in Elizabethton and in Greeneville. Much respect for the achievements for this school and its student athletes. They are proud and supportive of their football team as EHS was of their state championship lady cyclones. But the hard fact is this.......The Devils are the bench mark in East Tennessee.  Period!  If you wanna be the best, beat the best!  Don’t take shots at the community for having the same pride and positive attitude that Betsy fans had in basketball.  With success comes a certain amount acceptable trash talk. But keep it about sports and not the people. I have been looking forward to this game all season. I want to see if we can play with and be good enough to beat the Greene Devils. No excuses. Line up and play hard nose, clean football. Praying for a injury free game for both teams. 

+1