South Gibson @ Covington Oct. 18, 2019

South Gibson is coming to Covington Friday night. Both teams are coming off a bye week giving them a extra week to prepare. The game in 2018 was great and came down to a one point win by Covington. SG beat MIlan 10-7 earlier in the season. Covington lost to Milan 2 weeks ago 14-7. A win by either team will give them a opportunity to win the region. I expect a really good ball game Friday night. Who do you guys pick to win this one ?

6 minutes ago, bglass said:

Please explain why were playing SG at home two years in a row but going to McNairy two in a row??

I know it sounds wonky.... BUT there is an explanation. I asked the same question because we have had this happen in the past. 

The region schedules are pre made for 2 years. When the coaches show up to pull a number out of the hat they have to play whatever that schedule says. Since the 2 year schedule restarted this year we just drew a bad straw having to travel all the way to Covington again.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I know it sounds wonky.... BUT there is an explanation. I asked the same question because we have had this happen in the past. 

The region schedules are pre made for 2 years. When the coaches show up to pull a number out of the hat they have to play whatever that schedule says. Since the 2 year schedule restarted this year we just drew a bad straw having to travel all the way to Covington again.....

U would think if region teams stayed same they wouldn’t have to do that?? But it is a advantage for Covington this year for sure!! I’m thinking we had big lead last year until late in fourth quarter and SG scored a couple touchdowns late to make it a nail biter.

3 minutes ago, bglass said:

U would think if region teams stayed same they wouldn’t have to do that?? But it is a advantage for Covington this year for sure!! I’m thinking we had big lead last year until late in fourth quarter and SG scored a couple touchdowns late to make it a nail biter.

I would like to see some permanent games schedules. Biggest rivalry's last. 

1 minute ago, ManOfMillions said:

I VOTE TO SENT COVINGTON TO REGION 8!!!!! 

YALL WOULD WIN THAT REGION EVERY SINGLE YEAR WITH YOUR JV TEAM!!!

I WILL START THE LETTER TO THE TSSAA!!!

We played in that region my sons sophomore and junior season and it stinks — they bring zero fans to ur stadium therefore  no gate money!! I wouldn’t put it past TSSAA to do it again though.

3 minutes ago, bglass said:

We played in that region my sons sophomore and junior season and it stinks — they bring zero fans to ur stadium therefore  no gate money!! I wouldn’t put it past TSSAA to do it again though.

Completely understand. If I were Covington I wouldn't want to play in the region. I took one of my kiddos to South Haven MS Thursday and I drove about 20 minutes out of my way just so I could stay out of Memphis. 

6 minutes ago, bglass said:

Also, gate money is crucial to keeping a football program going. When a team the size of Covington or SGC takes the field they have in excess of 20K in gear on. Most people do not understand that but, it is the truth. Just the helmets are nearly 500 bucks. SGC is blessed with fantastic gear and fan support as is Covington.