Haywood vs Crockett

Kruger77

My response is to several of the posts that have been made on this thread.

When you look at power ratings and score predictors Haywood does seem to be favored on paper.  I hate this cliche, but the game isn't played on paper, and there have been several recent developments (none that I care to mention) that could definitely influence the outcome.

Also, we can't ignore the fact that the Cavaliers are playing well, they are playing at home, and they, like the Tomcats, are hungry for the region championship.   

Now that ManOfMillions has let the "Cat" out of the bag, I do have to admit that at first Haywood's injury situation made me uneasy, but the Tomcats have plenty of talented players and I have faith that the Haywood coaches will have the Cats focused, prepared, and ready to play.  The Cats won't lie down and lick their wounds.  

I know Crockett will be ready to play as well.  So as I said in an earlier post, I expect it to be a close hard-fought game that could go either way.

1 hour ago, stacmot said:

My response is to several of the posts that have been made on this thread.

When you look at power ratings and score predictors Haywood does seem to be favored on paper.  I hate this cliche, but the game isn't played on paper, and there have been several recent developments (none that I care to mention) that could definitely influence the outcome.

Also, we can't ignore the fact that the Cavaliers are playing well, they are playing at home, and they, like the Tomcats, are hungry for the region championship.   

Now that ManOfMillions has let the "Cat" out of the bag, I do have to admit that at first Haywood's injury situation made me uneasy, but the Tomcats have plenty of talented players and I have faith that the Haywood coaches will have the Cats focused, prepared, and ready to play.  The Cats won't lie down and lick their wounds.  

I know Crockett will be ready to play as well.  So as I said in an earlier post, I expect it to be a close hard-fought game that could go either way.

Sorry if I let the "cat " out of the bag.... did not mean to. I read it on a local media website. I am all tomcats in the game. I have slight bad taste in my mouth for the cavs so I am all cats in this game. 

I know that yall have the talent on the sidelines to play with anyone in the state, but when you put a kid in a big region game with thousands of people watching it makes me uneasy... 

Also, I want to tell you how respectful, sportsman like the cats players, fans, and media were after our game. I hope your boys go to Cookeville and bring home some jewelry. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Sorry if I let the "cat " out of the bag.... did not mean to. I read it on a local media website. I am all tomcats in the game. I have slight bad taste in my mouth for the cavs so I am all cats in this game. 

I know that yall have the talent on the sidelines to play with anyone in the state, but when you put a kid in a big region game with thousands of people watching it makes me uneasy... 

Also, I want to tell you how respectful, sportsman like the cats players, fans, and media were after our game. I hope your boys go to Cookeville and bring home some jewelry. 

I apologize.  I wasn’t trying to make a negative statement, and I certainly didn’t mean to offend you. I was just making a friendly little joke with you since you were the first to mention Williamson’s injury in this thread.  His injury is definitely not a secret.  The Jackson Sun has written a whole article about it. 

I agree with you. It does make you uneasy when you have to switch players around and use players who haven’t had a lot of playing time, especially in a game as important as this one.  However, I’m counting on the Cats to make those adjustments.

Thanks for your compliments on the team’s sportsmanship.  I’m happy to hear that statement, and I think a lot of the credit for that should be given to Coach Smith and his crew.

I had to watch the video stream of the HHS-SGC game since prior commitments kept me from traveling to Medina, but I’ve heard a lot of favorable comments about the respect and sportsmanship of the Hornet team and fans. As a side note, I watched both the Haywood stream and the South Gibson stream. My apologies to the Haywood video crew, but I have to say the South Gibson stream was much better!

Good luck going forward.

17 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

My question,

How will Haywood play with there best player out? The UT commit D. Williamson. I can tell you first hand that he is a stud. He made plays all over the field for Haywood when we played them. 

Also, I REALLY REALLY hate to hear that he got hurt. I talked to several folks from tomcat country that said he was a good kid and was a pleasure to be around. 

Will that cats rally around him and play hard or will they lay down and lick their wounds? 

I wish the young man a speedy recovery.

It’s next man up with these kids he and our starting Tailback are out for the season. #10 #12 and #15 as well as #3 and #30 will step up huge in the passing game 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stacmot said:

I apologize.  I wasn’t trying to make a negative statement, and I certainly didn’t mean to offend you. I was just making a friendly little joke with you since you were the first to mention Williamson’s injury in this thread.  His injury is definitely not a secret.  The Jackson Sun has written a whole article about it. 

I agree with you. It does make you uneasy when you have to switch players around and use players who haven’t had a lot of playing time, especially in a game as important as this one.  However, I’m counting on the Cats to make those adjustments.

Thanks for your compliments on the team’s sportsmanship.  I’m happy to hear that statement, and I think a lot of the credit for that should be given to Coach Smith and his crew.

I had to watch the video stream of the HHS-SGC game since prior commitments kept me from traveling to Medina, but I’ve heard a lot of favorable comments about the respect and sportsmanship of the Hornet team and fans. As a side note, I watched both the Haywood stream and the South Gibson stream. My apologies to the Haywood video crew, but I have to say the South Gibson stream was much better!

Good luck going forward.

Thank you sir. 

I have a lot of fun doing it. That is why I do it. Certainly not doing for the money. I got the meet the Haywood Crew for the first time. They were very knowledgeable about the game and players. We work for the same company. 

Big game brewing in Crockett and Covington this Friday!