Oak Ridge visits Mount Juliet

MJGOLDENBEARS

4 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I’m gonna try my best to my friend. Good to talk to you, GWAVE. It has been awhile. Glad to see your boys back doing great things again. It has been weird not seeing them at or near the top the past 15+ years. Good luck bud.

Thanks, we have our hands full these next two weeks.  Still hoping for the Gallatin/OR matchup someday.  I would like to get some Pizza and see that new rug up there.  

3 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Thanks, we have our hands full these next two weeks.  Still hoping for the Gallatin/OR matchup someday.  I would like to get some Pizza and see that new rug up there.  

I would love nothing more than that. Lots of great memories of the Wildcats and G-Wave locking horns throughout the years. The 1993 14-7 game was a memorable one. What a slobber knocker that was.

4 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I would love nothing more than that. Lots of great memories of the Wildcats and G-Wave locking horns throughout the years. The 1993 14-7 game was a memorable one. What a slobber knocker that was.

Yes it was, but we prefer the 87’ one much more....Lol!  

43 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

I hear you loud and clear and you’re right I think they scored a last minute touchdown! Game was way closer than the score I promise! Bradley threw a pick 6 as well.. that team could have won that year. River dale and maryville was the best two teams

If you’re talking about the 2012 playoff game it was actually tied 25-all at one point in the 4th quarter, but they just kept handing the ball to their 2 workhorses Prevo & Shuler and eventually just wore our D down, but it was a valiant effort on our end. I believe the only 2 games we lost that year were to the Rebels. That 2012 team was probably one of the top 3/4 teams in the whole state that year, not including private’s. Well, in 6A, at least.

Edited by SweetScience

35 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Man, that one was ugly! Why you gotta go bring that up for, bruh?! Lol It still wasn’t as bad as that a$& kicking Jeff County gave us that year in the playoffs though. Lawd have mercy.

Yeah I remember seeing that score and my jaw dropped!!  Almost as low as my head leaving the 91’ title game.  

1 hour ago, Elitesports4 said:

I hear you loud and clear and you’re right I think they scored a last minute touchdown! Game was way closer than the score I promise! Bradley threw a pick 6 as well.. that team could have won that year. River dale and maryville was the best two teams

You're wrong "know it all"! The pick 6 was thrown by a booster parent!!!!  LOL! What a "know NOTHING"!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

If you’re talking about the 2012 playoff game it was actually tied 25-all at one point in the 4th quarter, but they just kept handing the ball to their 2 workhorses Prevo & Shuler and eventually just wore our D down, but it was a valiant effort on our end. I believe the only 2 games we lost that year were to the Rebels. That 2012 team was probably one of the top 3/4 teams in the whole state that year, not including private’s. Well, in 6A, at least.

Wasnt Oak Ridge playing up then?I may be wrong but seems like we was suppose to be in 5a

Oak Ridge vs Mount Juliet tomorrow!  I'm fairly sure that's what this thread was intended to be about.   I support the 2019 Oak Ridge Wildcat Football team.  Like a lot of people, I have been in Oak Ridge for decades, and follow the Wildcats year after year.  I too know quite a bit of the history, but it is only that... history.  It cannot be rewritten... replayed...or replaced.  With God's grace, there will be no serious injuries.  The good sportsmanship of these boys, along with a strong team effort...you just never know what will happen on any given Friday night.

RWR!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2