Oak Ridge visits Mount Juliet

MJGOLDENBEARS

3 hours ago, CardinalGrey said:

Oak Ridge vs Mount Juliet tomorrow!  I'm fairly sure that's what this thread was intended to be about.   I support the 2019 Oak Ridge Wildcat Football team.  Like a lot of people, I have been in Oak Ridge for decades, and follow the Wildcats year after year.  I too know quite a bit of the history, but it is only that... history.  It cannot be rewritten... replayed...or replaced.  With God's grace, there will be no serious injuries.  The good sportsmanship of these boys, along with a strong team effort...you just never know what will happen on any given Friday night.

RWR!

Finally somebody making sense!

WILDCAT PRIDE

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Feel good posts aren’t gonna affect the scoreboard come tomorrow night.

If you think that God's grace is a "feel good" thing, then you are an empty vessel.  You can be filled, but not with childish thoughts.   Remember friend, children's games are just that.  Regardless the age of the participants.  Good sportsmanship and no serious injuries are what you consider "feel good" things as well?  I hope your remarks are simply out of ingorance, and not trying to induce hatred and bad feelings.   There is far too much of this in our nation today.  May God's peace be upon you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CardinalGrey said:

1 Corinthians 13:11 King James Version (KJV)

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

I thought this was a thread about the Oak Ridge/Mt Juliet game, not a biblical sermon? Get back on topic, CG!!  Sorry, but I had to. :)

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

33 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I thought this was a thread about the Oak Ridge/Mt Juliet game, not a biblical sermon? Get back on topic, CG!!  Sorry, but I had to. :)

As you have difficulty staying on topic...and make light of Scripture..."Sorry".  One day you will understand... hopefully not too late.  I do wonder if any of the"regulars" here rejoice and give their all for the glory of God?  My recent post is a desire for no serious injuries and good sportsmanship, all the while paying tribute to God.  It appears that I am alone in this hope.  Very sad.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, CardinalGrey said:

As you have difficulty staying on topic...and make light of Scripture..."Sorry".  One day you will understand... hopefully not too late.  I do wonder if any of the"regulars" here rejoice and give their all for the glory of God?  My recent post is a desire for no serious injuries and good sportsmanship, all the while paying tribute to God.  It appears that I am alone in this hope.  Very sad.

Lighten up, it was a joke. BTW, I am a proud follower of Christ, but I'm also not a self righteous fogie. Life is too short trying to find fault with silly meaningless things like "going off topic" on a High School football message board. Get real, and get a sense of humor. Good Lord.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CardinalGrey said:

If you think that God's grace is a "feel good" thing, then you are an empty vessel.  You can be filled, but not with childish thoughts.   Remember friend, children's games are just that.  Regardless the age of the participants.  Good sportsmanship and no serious injuries are what you consider "feel good" things as well?  I hope your remarks are simply out of ingorance, and not trying to induce hatred and bad feelings.   There is far too much of this in our nation today.  May God's peace be upon you.

Take your religion elsewhere this is a high school football forum. I don’t wanna hear it. Sure I hope both teams go injury free in a 42-0 route in MJs favor. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Lighten up, it was a joke. BTW, I am a proud follower of Christ, but I'm also not a self righteous fogie. Life is too short trying to find fault with silly meaningless things like "going off topic" on a High School football message board. Get real, and get a sense of humor. Good Lord.

Someone is looney lol I’m with ya on this.

• Sad 1