Oak Ridge visits Mount Juliet

MJGOLDENBEARS

15 hours ago, hohmaster said:

MJ rolls big in this one and makes OR enjoy the beating.  :D

Not sure why we scheduled this game at this time of the season right in between Powell and Fulton, two huge region games.  But we did, so we will be there.  For whatever reason, I think our team plays better on the road.  I look for our team to play well and make this a good competitive game.  I will be surprised if we get rolled and we certainly won't enjoy it.  Lol. 

17 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Hey Bounder,

Fire up the Smoker / Grill. These Bear fans are begging to eat some of your Crow Ribs. 

There you go making me HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bounder, they play hard and fast.  They have finally learned where the weight room is these last two years so warn your line to have their backups ready.  It will be a long tough night.  They are not as tough as the 2004 R'dale line, but they are close.  They also have a good substitute pattern to stay fresh.

Not having seen Oak Ridge this year, I will say flip a coin. 

Please tell the old Coach Hi for me.  I just got off the phone with the 'clone'.  The next generation turns 7 Thursday.  4'6" and 70 pounds.  Bigger, stronger and faster than the 'clone' at that age.  Playing school ball in Oklahoma.  They play on the regulation 100 yard field and they are all turf out there.  'Clone' says his biggest problem is keeping the Grand Childs mind in the game and OFF their Cheer Leaders!  LOL

• Upvote 1

Mt Juliet has lost to a team that is 6-1 and 7-0. The teams they've beaten have a winning % of 39%. Oak Ridge has last to two teams that are 7-0 and a 1-6 team (fluke). The teams they've beaten have a winning % of 29%. Mt Juliet is a much larger school and should win this game but I expect the Cats to play hard and then you never know what will happen. I think it's a stupid game to schedule especially with Powell next week.

2 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Let’s get this straight MJ has a tendency to start games slow this season, and make costly turnovers. With that being said, If OR comes out fast off the gate... it could very well be interesting. If MJ plays to their best potential, even with OR doing the same. I have MJ by 14. 

MJ, that sounds about right.  We were not very good early in  the season.  We know MJ has a great team and that this is a huge test for us.  This game will let us know if we have improved any as it is hard to tell with wins over Campbell County, Clinton, and Karns, region foes that are just awful.  We did beat a pretty good Farragut team but the zebras lit them up for 22 penalties for 190 yds at our place.  Lol.  Looking forward to making this trip.  Never been to your school.  Any travel tips?  Place to eat?   

56 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

MJ, that sounds about right.  We were not very good early in  the season.  We know MJ has a great team and that this is a huge test for us.  This game will let us know if we have improved any as it is hard to tell with wins over Campbell County, Clinton, and Karns, region foes that are just awful.  We did beat a pretty good Farragut team but the zebras lit them up for 22 penalties for 190 yds at our place.  Lol.  Looking forward to making this trip.  Never been to your school.  Any travel tips?  Place to eat?   

Martins Barbecue, off of i40 providence Mount Juliet exit. Great barbecue. The school is fairly new, built in 2008, the facilities are top notch, very good food at the concessions. Overall it’s a Very accommodating environment for opposing fans. 

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS
  • Thanks 1