Gibson Co. @ Adamsville

GCPioneer

On 10/15/2019 at 10:12 PM, GCPioneer said:

Let 'em have their fun... they're in the middle of their big championship run and picked up some bandwagon fans (BigEd, Vandy, and Reitz) along the way...

I know I've never said we were the most physical team around here... I have praised our defense as they've actually played pretty well despite injuries to different players throughout this season.

As for our defensive coordinator....I will put him up against any other defensive coordinator in the area. His track record speaks for itself. Additionally, a coach that comes into this Gibson County football program with the losing tradition that it has, and coaches that defense up to the standard that it is at right is pretty impressive.

As for my silence... I actually haven't been on CoachT from the time I posted this thread until earlier today, and just now getting a chance to respond to this circus show. Key injuries are a part of the game, and unfortunately in small school athletics, one key season ending injury along with several other nagging injuries does make a huge impact to a team.

I still like our chances for this week...

How are your chances the rest of the year since you liked them tonight?

1 hour ago, BigEdMo said:

How are your chances the rest of the year since you liked them tonight?

I will answer that question Big Ed. The ONLY chance Gibson County has of making the playoffs is to beat Peabody. If they do they're in. If not, they would end up in a tie for 4th Place with either Adamsville or McKenzie. Gibson County loses the tiebreaker to either one of those two teams via head to head. I asked GC Pioneer this, how do you feel about your chances of making the postseason now?

Edited by ReitzFan

12 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

I will answer that question Big Ed. The ONLY chance Gibson County has of making the playoffs is to beat Peabody. If they do they're in. If not, they would end up in a tie for 4th Place with either Adamsville or McKenzie. Gibson County loses the tiebreaker to either one of those two teams via head to head. I asked GC Pioneer this, how do you feel about your chances of making the postseason now?

Life comes at ya fast haha, historically this is how the GC and PHS rivalry go. GC wins it close one year then the next year... it’s always a good ole fashioned whippin handed from Peabody. 

To add on, this year our game this year will on Halloween night so I expect to see some clown masks on GC for all the mumbo jumbo that was talked after the UC game 

Edited by Goldenpride

6 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

Life comes at ya fast haha, historically this is how the GC and PHS rivalry go. GC wins it close one year then the next year... it’s always a good ole fashioned whippin handed from Peabody. 

To add on, this year our game this year will on Halloween night so I expect to see some clown masks on GC for all the mumbo jumbo that was talked after the UC game 

I bet GC don’t score a point against Peabody. 

12 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Welp,  you all got what you wanted.  We were not near deep enough to handle the injuries we have had.   Ugly loss last night.  

What we wanted??? Man this is not a wish of ours. Y’all bring everything on yourselves. So much talk just because y’all won one game last year. Just be realistic. It may not have been you specifically but GC people in general. My team stinks this year. No big deal. But I will Post honestly about them. 

Problem is Gibson County ran into a team that is finally starting to find itself.  We still made some stupid shooting ourself in the foot and left at least 21 pts off the board because of them.  Gc played hard but it was a lot like us last year when injuries took hold.  These size schools usually can not handle 3 or more major injuries without dropping off.

12 minutes ago, cardfan said:

Problem is Gibson County ran into a team that is finally starting to find itself.  We still made some stupid shooting ourself in the foot and left at least 21 pts off the board because of them.  Gc played hard but it was a lot like us last year when injuries took hold.  These size schools usually can not handle 3 or more major injuries without dropping off.

I made the same comment to someone last night at the game... last year when Adamsville played us, they were full of injuries... this year when we played y’all, we were full of injuries.. 

You all played very well last night and there wasn’t much we could do about it. Good luck in the playoffs!

2 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

What we wanted??? Man this is not a wish of ours. Y’all bring everything on yourselves. So much talk just because y’all won one game last year. Just be realistic. It may not have been you specifically but GC people in general. My team stinks this year. No big deal. But I will Post honestly about them. 

Brother I would like to think I’m as honest and realistic as anyone on here.  We had a chance to have the best season  in school history this year.  Injuries took that from us.  Part of the game.