South Pittsburg vs Copper Basin

TheCommander

On 10/13/2019 at 2:14 PM, TheCommander said:

Like I said I know it didn’t happen but Basin should’ve beat central atleast 20-6 got inside the five and didn’t punch it in, then central got the ball and scored and tied it up to send it to overtime. 

I guess you totally forgot that Central had it inside the 15 twice and didn't score. Could have been 20-6 the other way too. 

1 hour ago, elhosel said:

I guess you totally forgot that Central had it inside the 15 twice and didn't score. Could have been 20-6 the other way too. 

Central only had the ball inside the 20 once. We should’ve won after the first overtime because our running back got in on that two point conversion, it was clear as day on film and our photographer has a picture of half his body in the endzone. In the end it really doesn’t matter scoreboard says we lost so time to move onto Andrews!

11 minutes ago, TheCommander said:

Central only had the ball inside the 20 once. We should’ve won after the first overtime because our running back got in on that two point conversion, it was clear as day on film and our photographer has a picture of half his body in the endzone. In the end it really doesn’t matter scoreboard says we lost so time to move onto Andrews!

Would of, could off but didn't.....You lost....we won....see ya next year. Enough said.......You give up an 75 yard run with 3 minutes to go and a 18 yard pass for a two point conversion....to put the game in OT. In OT your QB never runs it or throws it......Go figure

Officiating was horrible both ways all night.........

Cougars should make a good run in the playoffs.

10 minutes ago, Charger64 said:

Would of, could off but didn't.....You lost....we won....see ya next year. Enough said.......You give up an 75 yard run with 3 minutes to go and a 18 yard pass for a two point conversion....to put the game in OT. In OT your QB never runs it or throws it......Go figure

Officiating was horrible both ways all night.........

Cougars should make a good run in the playoffs.

Just putting some facts out there.. It was a good football game, congrats to the Chargers. Goodluck the rest of the way!

On 10/13/2019 at 11:40 AM, OLD PIRATE said:

Does any other surrounding states have mercy rule? OP ain’t heard of any

Well over half of the states have a mercy rule. Some are strict, some are lenient, and some leave it up to the coaches and officials. In some states, (at least a couple of years ago this was the rule) if you win by a certain amount then the coach can be suspended for a game.

I remember seeing this just before Tennessee adopted the mercy rule - and after we beat someone by 50 which would have Vic suspended in that state.

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

3 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Well over half of the states have a mercy rule. Some are strict, some are lenient, and some leave it up to the coaches and officials. In some states, (at least a couple of years ago this was the rule) if you win by a certain amount then the coach can be suspended for a game.

I remember seeing this just before Tennessee adopted the mercy rule - and after we beat someone by 50 which would have Vic suspended in that state.

What happens if the coach lays off after that and loses?   Does the other coach get suspended?

12 hours ago, TheCommander said:

I’m curious just post the pic on here