HUNTINGDON @ PERRY CO

footballover

12 minutes ago, footballover said:

Croppy you been around a minute. I'm not big into numbers but does this senior class have most wins in 4 years?

I'm not sure, can't see many classes being better although we've had   bunch of great senior classes come through our school. All this bunch needs is a gold ball. They want it pretty bad.

23 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

I'm not sure, can't see many classes being better although we've had   bunch of great senior classes come through our school. All this bunch needs is a gold ball. They want it pretty bad.

I would like to have seen how this class would have fair against Huntingdons old schedule. Where every week you played a tough team and where the starters played four qts every week. There’s no way to compare this class with the other great teams that have come thur  Huntingdon. with the opponent they’ve played versus the opponents the other teams played. 

Edited by horse

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

The 03 Championship team was one of the best Huntingdon teams ever. I agree that I wish Huntingdon played the teams of years past. I will say there isnt much difference in 1A/2A these days where the road to Cookeville is actually easier in 2A on this side of the state. There are some really good teams standing in the way to a gold ball but this years team has a good a shot. Cant wait for the playoffs to start!

2 hours ago, horse said:

I would like to have seen how this class would have fair against Huntingdons old schedule. Where every week you played a tough team and where the starters played four qts every week. There’s no way to compare this class with the other great teams that have come thur  Huntingdon. with the opponent they’ve played versus the opponents the other teams played. 

Man there's no way to compare all the great classes to graduate in Huntingdon. I guess you could judge by how dominate they were against the competition of their time. I played on 2 undefeated teams and lost 3 games in my career but to think we could beat today's team is crazy. Schedule wise we had tough opponents about every week though

6 hours ago, horse said:

And now Huntingdon is now playing these same teams and pulling their starters in the 2nd qt.,or the  the start of second half. I can remember tucker playing deep in the fourth qt leading by 30+ pts and their coach still calling passing plays to pad his stats. 

It’s ridiculous, us (Peabody) has been doing the same exact thing and will to close the season out bc lack of competition this season. It’ll be y’all and LC I’m sure, they’ve had to basically do the same thing except for maybe a game or 2

2 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

It’s ridiculous, us (Peabody) has been doing the same exact thing and will to close the season out bc lack of competition this season. It’ll be y’all and LC I’m sure, they’ve had to basically do the same thing except for maybe a game or 2

There's really not but 3 good 1a & 2a football teams west of the river. It's hard to have a tough schedule as weak as our competition is. Hopefully things will get better.

15 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

There's really not but 3 good 1a & 2a football teams west of the river. It's hard to have a tough schedule as weak as our competition is. Hopefully things will get better.

It’s been that way the last few years. Then when Huntingdon gets in the playoffs Huntingdon is not prepared to play a hard hitting four quarter game. Their not physically or mentally prepared.