Gallatin vs Hendersonville

GWAVE1

Gallatin comes in at 7-0 and Hendersonville is a deceiving 3-4.   Hendersonville has 3 losses in the 4th quarter that could have easily have been wins.  They boost a good offense and just had a few breakdowns in other facts of the game.  

This could be a trap game for Gallatin if they get caught looking ahead to the region championship with Beech next week.  

I don’t think anyone in Gallatin is looking past Hendersonville.  This is one of those circled games that you get ready for every year.  Going against perhaps the states best team at running the Wing-T offense.  I expect the defense to be tested all game long to play their assignment and read the keys (guards) to help find the ball.  

1 hour ago, wave88 said:

I don’t think anyone in Gallatin is looking past Hendersonville.  This is one of those circled games that you get ready for every year.  Going against perhaps the states best team at running the Wing-T offense.  I expect the defense to be tested all game long to play their assignment and read the keys (guards) to help find the ball.  

Usually by now we have run across a wingT team by now.  I know the coaches will have them prepared but I also know they are concerned with Hendersonville.  

If you grow up in Gallatin there is no way you look past Hendersonville.  I would rather walk through broken glass barefooted than to lose to them.  I dont believe this staff will allow them to look past anyone, much less Hendersonville.   This week will be a game of assignment football on defense.  Hopefully we have gotten some players healthy and ready to make a run at the playoffs.   GO BIG G

Edited by DwayneSherlin

7 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Sure Hville is playing better than their record, sure they have always played well against Gallatin, sure Mondo has went missing this season..... Anyways I still have Gallatin winning by 14+

Last couple of times they have played has been an embarrassment.  Hendersonville has really taken it to Gallatin especially on TV.  

8 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Sure Hville is playing better than their record, sure they have always played well against Gallatin, sure Mondo has went missing this season..... Anyways I still have Gallatin winning by 14+

I have the G-men winning this one, but I think it will be closer than 14. That clock won’t stop in this ground and pound game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

I have the G-men winning this one, but I think it will be closer than 14. That clock won’t stop in this ground and pound game.

Gonna be hard to get a shutout versus a good wingT team.  I am curious to see how Gallatin will react when they do get scored on.  

On 10/13/2019 at 2:28 PM, wave88 said:

just a note...……...H'ville is a semi-wing-T team. They do not run it like they use to under former coach. In fact IMO; they are trapped between (2) offenses (Spread & some Wing). This is a hard trick in HS.  Best thing they do is their option stuff out of a flex bone look.

They did the option stuff vs Oakland in first game. It looked very good in first 2 drives then the roof caved in on them, but they are OK, but NOT a great wing-T team.  (they could be)

Gallatin IMO coukl be a very good power team (see Beech); but they are attracted by the "bright shiny object"...……...THE SPREAD.

With that good RB + a tough FB; they would be a different animal...…….FEED THE BEAST.

I have seen both teams in person...………...should be a good one!.

Team with best wing stuff is Oakland...……...when they run it. They could run John Madden and still beat you...………...they are the DEATH STAR...…...LOL

oce

7 minutes ago, coach763 said:

just a note...……...H'ville is a semi-wing-T team. They do not run it like they use to under former coach. In fact IMO; they are trapped between (2) offenses (Spread & some Wing). This is a hard trick in HS.  Best thing they do is their option stuff out of a flex bone look.

They did the option stuff vs Oakland in first game. It looked very good in first 2 drives then the roof caved in on them, but they are OK, but NOT a great wing-T team.  (they could be)

Gallatin IMO coukl be a very good power team (see Beech); but they are attracted by the "bright shiny object"...……...THE SPREAD.

With that good RB + a tough FB; they would be a different animal...…….FEED THE BEAST.

I have seen both teams in person...………...should be a good one!.

Team with best wing stuff is Oakland...……...when they run it. They could run John Madden and still beat you...………...they are the DEATH STAR...…...LOL

oce

I knew they were throwing more than usual but I just assumed it was more out of the WingT.  They have run it so much the past 20+ years it just gets in grained that they will continue.  
Gallatin does jump in the I formation at times and runs a power game.  In fact that led to the only score against Mt Juliet.  I personally like that look but understand why they are doing what they do.  I would expect to see more power running game as the season continues.