Gallatin vs Hendersonville

GWAVE1

2 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

I'm cautiously optimistic this week. Hendersonville is the most improved team in the Middle area from the beginning of the season to now. They will be tough for anybody to beat. Had Beech beat and literally self imploded, blew it. 

They blew it against Lebanon and Indy too.  They have self destructed several times this year and that is what bothers me most.  They could easily be 6-1.  

4 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

It’s directed at anyone who was wrong about them being good. They know who they are. 

I said I wasn’t sold early and they would have to prove they are good. I believe they have proven that. Now the only question is “how good?”.  

My take on Hville this year and the game with the Wave.

i was very concerned going into the season.  After losing 6 of the front 7 on D and the entire starting O Line with most of those being 2 and 3 year starters and coupling that with an extremely tough schedule.  Out of region games with the #1 team in the state in 6A in Oakland, a very good Indy team, and in my opinion the 2 best 5A teams in the state in Beech and Gallatin.  A lot of teams talk about playing a tough schedule but it’s all talk.  We actually went out and did it and excluding the Oakland game have played well in spots.  I believe our coaching staff has done a good job developing those young and inexperienced players and have had a good plan every week.  As far as Gallatin goes you can attribute their success to 2 things.  New coaching staff and their tremendous improvement on the O and D lines.  Briggs is the likely Mr football winner and when you watch them on film you see the tremendous job they do up front despite teams stacking 9 and 10 guys in the box.  On D it starts with their D line keeping blockers off the LB’s and allowing them to make plays.  They have elite speed on D which allows them to make up for any errors they make.  Nobody has moved the ball against them consistently all year, nobody.  For us to be competitive Friday we cannot not allow any home runs to Briggs or Banks and need to control the ball. Always look forward to going to the Waveyard as we are always treated well by Principal Becker and the administration at GHS.  Added bonus and the best thing is that I get to see my 6 month old granddaughter at the game.  

• Like 1