Battle of the Boro - Riverdale (5-2) @ #1 Oakland (7-0)

GoPats2019

20 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

While I love the home and home series; part of me wishes this game was still played at MTSU. Those crowds of 15-20K were amazing back in the day. 

That would be nice, but with so many schools in the city now we struggle to fill our own stadium. Playing Riverdale  there in 1998-2000 was awesome, other than that I don't really miss playing at Middle

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

That would be nice, but with so many schools in the city now we struggle to fill our own stadium. Playing Riverdale  there in 1998-2000 was awesome, other than that I don't really miss playing at Middle

The 1998 QF game was the largest HS football crowd I've ever been a part of. 

47 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

The 1998 QF game was the largest HS football crowd I've ever been a part of. 

Probably a statement that most people that attended will echo. Crazy thing is our biggest challenge in the playoffs was against Cumberland Co. in the 1st round. As someone that started following Oakland during some pretty bad years, beating Riverdale in 1998 was pretty surreal and I can remember more about that game that than the title win over Hendersonville 

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:26 PM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Not a close game, Riverdale has proven to be a hoax this season..,. Although I knew it all along! Sorry LOD.

Nothing to be sorry about.  Oakland has worked hard for their rank and position.  I would never bad mouth that.

While R'dale is not yet back where I would like to see them, they are working on it.  That's all I will ever ask of them.

Now how are the dogs at Oakland this year?  They still as big and tasty as years gone by?