TN has our 3rd Super 32 Middle School Champ ever!!

durdon

Huge shout out to Cooper Hilton for becoming only the 3rd Super32 Middle School Champion from Tennessee ever. Cooper won the 75 pound weight class that was one of the toughest weight classes this year.  After not winning the AAU state title this past season, Cooper moved and started training with Boom Ranch Wrestling club in Bradley county and just 8 months later he wins the toughest Middle School tourney in the country.   Impressive!!  Boom Ranch also had another All American with Jojo Uhrochuck 4th place at 75p 11U.  I believe this is the first time any TN club has had 2 AA at Super 32 kids.  

Other impressive results: 

middle school

3rd place Sam Herring 80p

8th place Jack Branson 180p

11U 

6th place Noah Watkins 60p

8U 

3rd Place Jha’kai Roller 50p

Great Job Guys!!!

Edited by durdon

1 minute ago, Thethunda190 said:

Congrats to cooper he looked awesome this weekend!!! Impressive for another Tennessee club to have 2 guys place but there was another club do it first. Wolfpack had 2 guys place In 2016 Cooper Flynn and Matheson Meade 

That’s right I forgot that Meade placed that year too! 

Congrat's to Cooper on an amazing tournament.  Proud of him.  Can't believe he didn't win the AAU State and won this tournament.  Says much for the Boom Ranch Club where he is training now.  Congrats to Uhrochuck for his placement.  This is quite the accomplishment.  How did these wrestlers do at the AAU State Tournament last year?  Sounds like their training is paying off.  

Proud of both young men and glad to see so many young wrestlers from Tennessee competing against the best.

3 hours ago, durdon said:

Edited by hoosierdad

Congrats to the TN guys! Way to represent! Boom Ranch is doing a great job. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember Ryan Parker winning the middle school division and Michael Murphy getting 2nd or 3rd in the same year.  Didn't Ivy and one of his teammates place in the same year too?   Durdon? 

4 hours ago, BobCorker said:

Congrats to the TN guys! Way to represent! Boom Ranch is doing a great job. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember Ryan Parker winning the middle school division and Michael Murphy getting 2nd or 3rd in the same year.  Didn't Ivy and one of his teammates place in the same year too?   Durdon? 

You are referring to 2012. Michael Murphy placed 2nd at 100 lbs and Ryan Parker won the 157 lb weight class. They were both 8th graders that year. 

6 hours ago, NotSurprised said:

You are referring to 2012. Michael Murphy placed 2nd at 100 lbs and Ryan Parker won the 157 lb weight class. They were both 8th graders that year. 

I’m not sure but I don’t think Ryan moved to Chattanooga by 8th grade but I can’t remember when he left Knoxville. 

35 minutes ago, durdon said:

I’m not sure but I don’t think Ryan moved to Chattanooga by 8th grade but I can’t remember when he left Knoxville. 

He attended Baylor 6th-12th; that much I know.  I could not recall if Murphy and Parker placed the same year.  Thanks NotSurprised for confirming.   So it has been done multiple times but still impressive for Boom Ranch. 

Sounds like TN teams have had multiple kids place at least a time or two other than Boom Ranch / Higher Calling this year.

Not to mention the fact that Wave Wrestling Club had two wrestlers place this year as well in the middle school division!  Sam Herring and Jack Branson both wrestle for Wave Wrestling Club.

Congrats to Cooper, he had a great tournament.  Great run for him dating back to at least USAW Kids FS & GR Nationals.

• Upvote 1