Westmoreland Travels to East Robertson!

GBO52

7 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

The ER coaches used Groves as a decoy very well last night. After half they tried to use Groves in the wildcat for the first drive and it almost came back to bite them. Hes a good player but really suprised hes being so heavily recruited by SEC schools. I guess soley based on potential.

It's always base on potential but the kid is only a sophomore. Seeing him against TC I can see why he is being recruited by SEC schools especially at WR.

12 hours ago, RTD said:

It's always base on potential but the kid is only a sophomore. Seeing him against TC I can see why he is being recruited by SEC schools especially at WR.

He needs to put on some weight...... the kid is skrawny. No doubt he is extremely athletic but like I’ve said before he seems to shy away from contact and just doesn’t seem very physical.... I haven’t seen him in any other games then this year and last year though. 

14 hours ago, ecu said:

Are you kidding? That kid is definitely an elite athlete.

He may be one day but not yet. He was sacked for a 20 yard loss and almost allowed us to get back in the gamein the 3rd. He might be one day but isnt close right now. Sorry if this offends you but its my take. He was coraled pretty well against our team that was minus our best cover corner. 

Edited by Mr. Postman1

5 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Ive heard he may chose Basketball over football anyway

Whoever you heard this from doesn't know anything. lol. Also he is extremely aggressive. He lays big hits from the safety spot. Also he usually always breaks 3-4 tackles when he touches the ball. Watch some other film of him. That is actually one of the reasons he is so highly recruited. Anyone that has seen multiple games that he has played also knows he is the real deal and a legit top 100 player. Also he weighs 185 with a long frame. He will get up to 205-210 or so by his senior year. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

He may be one day but not yet. He was sacked for a 20 yard loss and almost allowed us to get back in the gamein the 3rd. He might be one day but isnt close right now. Sorry if this offends you but its my take. He was coraled pretty well against our team that was minus our best cover corner. 

Also after watching the Westmoreland film it looked like they truly double covered him every play. Thats why they got gashed and pushed around so much at the line of scrimmage and made the RB look like an all state back. All in all they used Groves as needed and more of a decoy to stretch them out and run down their throat consistently. 

1 hour ago, LocoLupe said:

Also after watching the Westmoreland film it looked like they truly double covered him every play. Thats why they got gashed and pushed around so much at the line of scrimmage and made the RB look like an all state back. All in all they used Groves as needed and more of a decoy to stretch them out and run down their throat consistently. 

You are right, like I said it seems we schemed Groves and not the ER offense. 

2 hours ago, LocoLupe said:

I do agree with this post. However, not wanting to offend or put groves down. He may be an SEC type player ONE DAY. Just not that awesome yet to me. 

11 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

I do agree with this post. However, not wanting to offend or put groves down. He may be an SEC type player ONE DAY. Just not that awesome yet to me. 

He is the real deal for where he’s at in his career. For a 15 year old kid to draw that kind of attention from opposing teams shows it. I guarantee every team that plays ER their coaches are scheming  to try and stop him. As he grows and gets a bit older he will get more physical.

23 hours ago, GBO52 said:

He needs to put on some weight...... the kid is skrawny. No doubt he is extremely athletic but like I’ve said before he seems to shy away from contact and just doesn’t seem very physical.... I haven’t seen him in any other games then this year and last year though. 

Yea he does need to spend a lot of time in a weight room. He needs to add about 20-25 pounds.

22 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

I don't think he is 100% healthy since TC game. He took a nasty hit to the back of his knew while punting the ball in the first half in TC game and he only punted for most of the second half.