6A Playoff Teams to Watch

BigGameHunter

3 minutes ago, Pinocchio007 said:

Agree with this, 

However, with 5 Classifications we will see more intriguing match ups in the first 3 rounds. Which could possibility knock off those 3 Top-Tier teams. Not saying that it would happen at all, but maybe wear those teams down for the next week. This is just wishful thinking. 

In the big scheme of things. Its sad that these 3 are so far above everyone else. BUT, I BLAME ALL THE OTHER SCHOOLS IN THE STATE. Schools that should be with those programs starting from the West..... who have under achieved in the big scheme 6A football.  

West: Germantown/ Collierville/ Arlington 

Middle: Toss up year to year

Mid-State teams all share everything most teams in RuCo or Williams County. You get what you get. Hopefully your Admin is Athletic Minded 

Upper Mid-State: MT. Juliet/ Hendersonville have done respectable job. Station Camp/ needs to get back on track 

East: Cleveland/ D.B./ Science Hill/ ****Cookeville**** ????

East- Knox County School System just like Mid-State

These are just a few schools who are City schools that have unlimited resources for Sports. The other programs are stuck because of what county they are in. However, can be good but until your school has Admin that loves Athletics things will not change for schools to be dominate.

If Top Tier Athletes are being produced out of the state of TN. That means there is big time ball here. However, it is not matching up on the field or in playoffs. Hints not enough care. TN is far behind other states when it comes to big boy football. On the side note, it could be great!  

No doubt. I think at the least the attendance for these games would be way up. It gets kind of boring watching Oakland mercy rule everyone. Big difference is the level of coaching these 3 receive compared again the rest of the state. If you made a top 5 list of coaches in 6A, Hunt, Creasy and Saulsberry are probably all on it. All 3 also have great feeder programs. It's a perfect marriage of Talent, Coaching, Admin support and Development

Most of the underachieving schools in your post have at least one thing that is holding them back. You don't have to be an athletically minded principal to see the value that a healthy athletic dept provides

13 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

I will agree Williamson is better, I don't think it's that large of a gap. 

Brentwood, Ravenwood, Indy, Nolensville, Summit & Page v. Oakland, Stewart's Creek, Blackman, Riverdale, Smyrna & LaVergne. If I'm Wilco, I like my chances. Oakland is better than their top 6, but all 6 would have a good chance of beating the next best team in RuCo. 

I'd take my chances with Blackman, Riverdale, Smyrna or Stewarts Creek over Nolensville, Page or Summit. 

Nolensville is 4A and their best wins have come vs. 4A Tullahoma 13-7 and 2A Watertown.

Page has never scared me. They pulled out a miracle vs. Shelbyville and beat Summit. Lost to a mediocre Lipscomb Academy and struggled to beat Siegel

Summit has a nice win vs. Independence, but nothing else stands out except the loss to Page. 

I do agree that Brentwood, Indy and Ravenwood most likely handle any team in Reg 3 - 6A except Oakland. 

2 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I don’t know much about Dobyns Bennett, but they seem legit.

DB has played mostly teams with losing records, but still they deserve credit for remaining unbeaten, and they will easily win the rest of their games until Alcoa in the last game of the regular season.     And it is too early to start that thread, but I'm not sure even Alcoa can beat DB this year.    Even the mediocre teams they have played, they are completely blowing them up on both sides of the ball.       DB may not be really tested until round 3 when they meet Maryville.   But let's just see how the rest of the season plays out....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

No doubt. I think at the least the attendance for these games would be way up. It gets kind of boring watching Oakland mercy rule everyone. Big difference is the level of coaching these 3 receive compared again the rest of the state. If you made a top 5 list of coaches in 6A, Hunt, Creasy and Saulsberry are probably all on it. All 3 also have great feeder programs. It's a perfect marriage of Talent, Coaching, Admin support and Development

Most of the underachieving schools in your post have at least one thing that is holding them back. You don't have to be an athletically minded principal to see the value that a healthy athletic dept provides

MTFB...You are very knowledgeable in HS FB in mid state.   How would you rank the RuCo coaching staffs?  I am curious as to what schools have managed to get the best staffs around here....