6A Playoff Teams to Watch

BigGameHunter

Like to hear your top teams to watch in the 6A playoffs this year....

1. Oakland - have drilled everyone

2. Maryville - cause they are maryville and always good

3. Ravenwood - Talented team, a touch overrated?

4. Brentwood - always solid it seems

5. Whitehaven - talented and tough

6. Dobyns Bennet - Record is good, don't know much about them

7. Mt. Juliet - Solid team and program

8. Blackman - Sleeper team, talent abounds

Others?  Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, BigGameHunter said:

Others?  Thoughts?

Independence & Houston. Both are teams I could see both making a run to the semis

56 minutes ago, BigGameHunter said:

Others?  Thoughts?

I would agree with most of these teams. We all know that Maryville is gonna come out of the East and Oakland is going to come out of the Mid-State at the End of Nov.

West TN always has a toss up with the first couple of rounds. Questions always becomes who gets to Host the Semis in the West.... is it Memphis or Williams County area! We all can agree its going to be Whitehaven. The problem is which Williams County school is gonna be playing them. 

I hate that its always the same teams each and every year, but a spade is a spade. There just is not enough parity like other states to create big time match ups and upsets in the first 2/3 rounds of football! Hints why we need to go back to 5 Classifications! 

8 minutes ago, Pinocchio007 said:

I would agree with most of these teams. We all know that Maryville is gonna come out of the East and Oakland is going to come out of the Mid-State at the End of Nov.

West TN always has a toss up with the first couple of rounds. Questions always becomes who gets to Host the Semis in the West.... is it Memphis or Williams County area! We all can agree its going to be Whitehaven. The problem is which Williams County school is gonna be playing them. 

I hate that its always the same teams each and every year, but a spade is a spade. There just is not enough parity like other states to create big time match ups and upsets in the first 2/3 rounds of football! Hints why we need to go back to 5 Classifications! 

I don't disagree with the need to go to 5 classes, but in a 5 class system The Big 3 (Oakland, Maryville, Whitehaven) are still going to be near guarantees to make it to the semis. Most years, these 3 are going to be right there as the best teams in the state, not just 6A. I'd actually say this is the best 6A has been in terms of depth since the introduction of a 6 class system, only problem is The Big 3 is miles ahead of the competition and they may never catch up year in and year out

5 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I don't disagree with the need to go to 5 classes, but in a 5 class system The Big 3 (Oakland, Maryville, Whitehaven) are still going to be near guarantees to make it to the semis. Most years, these 3 are going to be right there as the best teams in the state, not just 6A. I'd actually say this is the best 6A has been in terms of depth since the introduction of a 6 class system, only problem is The Big 3 is miles ahead of the competition and they may never catch up year in and year out

Agree with this, 

However, with 5 Classifications we will see more intriguing match ups in the first 3 rounds. Which could possibility knock off those 3 Top-Tier teams. Not saying that it would happen at all, but maybe wear those teams down for the next week. This is just wishful thinking. 

In the big scheme of things. Its sad that these 3 are so far above everyone else. BUT, I BLAME ALL THE OTHER SCHOOLS IN THE STATE. Schools that should be with those programs starting from the West..... who have under achieved in the big scheme 6A football.  

West: Germantown/ Collierville/ Arlington 

Middle: Toss up year to year

Mid-State teams all share everything most teams in RuCo or Williams County. You get what you get. Hopefully your Admin is Athletic Minded 

Upper Mid-State: MT. Juliet/ Hendersonville have done respectable job. Station Camp/ needs to get back on track 

East: Cleveland/ D.B./ Science Hill/ ****Cookeville**** ????

East- Knox County School System just like Mid-State

These are just a few schools who are City schools that have unlimited resources for Sports. The other programs are stuck because of what county they are in. However, can be good but until your school has Admin that loves Athletics things will not change for schools to be dominate.

If Top Tier Athletes are being produced out of the state of TN. That means there is big time ball here. However, it is not matching up on the field or in playoffs. Hints not enough care. TN is far behind other states when it comes to big boy football. On the side note, it could be great!  

8 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Some DB fans are thinking Maryville may not be the team from the East this year.    Until someone knocks them off that is going to be hard to buy into, but the Tribe is playing some good ball right now.

DB is to be commended on having a great year, but it's a big leap from beating up on the teams in NE TN and beating Maryville. Also dont have the best track record of performing in the playoffs. As long as Tee Hodge is healthy ( judging by how his backup has done even that might not matter), it's going to take an A++ game from somebody in East TN to beat the Rebels.