Knoxville Catholic at Baylor

Spartan4Life

8 hours ago, Booger said:

...so if FFB51 thinks that record against those contestants and those contestants stats is worthy of FFB51 givin Baylor a "Baylor has really outdone themselves this year".....

Your reading comprehension is worse than your vocabulary... I was saying that I am in agreement with you that Baylor’s recruiting went to a whole new level this year. 

2 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

Your reading comprehension is worse than your vocabulary... I was saying that I am in agreement with you that Baylor’s recruiting went to a whole new level this year. 

FF51 also said that ND been right up there with all them D2-AAA with the free tuition......so when u r spewin that bogus verbage its kinda hard to tell.....

....and yes...Booger nose FF51 were chattin about Suk Creeks recruitin......that coach had better recruit if that gig is to stay his.....wait til u see the next group of boarders....and he may have just gotten an extension.....even if it were gainst a bunch of small PUB schools

Booger just sayin :popcorneater:

22 hours ago, Booger said:

FF51 also said that ND been right up there with all them D2-AAA with the free tuition......so when u r spewin that bogus verbage its kinda hard to tell.....

....and yes...Booger nose FF51 were chattin about Suk Creeks recruitin......that coach had better recruit if that gig is to stay his.....wait til u see the next group of boarders....and he may have just gotten an extension.....even if it were gainst a bunch of small PUB schools

Booger just sayin :popcorneater:

That is just what a parent of a ND athlete told me 4-5 years ago.  
I don’t know why a ND person would say that unless they believed it. 

Edited by FootballFan51

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:03 PM, Booger said:

one does dominate enuff to win state championships and sum high national rankins consitantly....

...in swimmin & divin

Booger just sayin diving-board-smiley-emoticon.gif

and wrestling , golf, tennis and as of late baseball. Their wrestling team will be nationally ranked and so will their baseball team. 

I'll be less than 10 miles away from this game tonight, calling Father Ryan at McCallie. I had hoped KC/Baylor would be on the NFHS Network so I could watch it later when I game prep for FRHS/KC, but no such luck as it appears KC won't be streaming it.

I watched the Knoxville Catholic game against McCallie earlier this week. KC has a strong front seven, which helped them to hang in there in the first half. Stout run defense in the middle.

But McCallie was able to spread KC out and do a lot of damage running outside the tackles. McCallie built on their lead late in the first half. In the second half, McCallie was finally able to run between the tackles with some success. And by some success I mean McCallie ended up with 421 yards rushing.

Baylor has a very strong team this year, and I'm not sure how Knoxville Catholic will stop this:

Elijah Howard is a special player. Keep in mind Howard was facing a very good McCallie defense in that clip above, and he was making diagonal cuts like Bo Jackson in Tecmo Super Bowl.

KC has a prolific offense, and that matchup against Baylor's stacked defense is going to be intriguing.

Baylor has held every opponent besides McCallie to 17 points or fewer. KC QB Kaden Martin might test the Red Raiders' secondary, but Martin can't just rely on a strong arm as Baylor will punish you for being off-target on throws.

McCallie QB DeAngelo Hardy was 16-21 passing with zero interceptions against Baylor, while WR Eric Rivers had 200 yards receiving. McCallie had to lean on its passing game to beat the Red Raiders, and KC would almost surely have to do the same. But it won't be easy.

There is a certain irony to Brentwood Academy potentially needing Brentwood High to beat Knox Catholic on 10/25 for BA to be able to catch up with KC in the non-region loss column.

It might not be this season, but at some point there will be a three-way tie (three teams at 2-3 in a region, each with a 1-1 record against the other two teams) where one school misses the playoffs because they lost more non-region games than the other two schools.

Edited by LouPickney
tonight, not tomorrow night
  • Like 2

On 10/16/2019 at 9:04 PM, FootballFan51 said:

That is just what a parent of a ND athlete told me 4-5 years ago.  
I don’t know why a ND person would say that unless they believed it. 

You are exactly right. The fact that Booger thinks one  single person on here believes Notre dames kids have been paying full tuition is hilarious. They werent even paying full tuition when Notre Dame was in the public school division and not supposed to be giving financial help. My ex wife's nephew goes there and definitely isnt paying full tuition. A guy i work withes kid played multiple sports there and he definitely didn't pay full tuition. A guy that used to do hanywork for me sent two kids through there when they were in the public school division and he couldnt have paid full tuition if he tried. ( He was on the work program, where the parents took up tickets at the football games and stuff for reduced tuition). Several kids Ive coached over the years applied to all the private schools and didnt get enough money to go to Baylor or McCallie . They couldnt afford the $3,000-$6000 after financial aide at Baylor and McCallie but  somehow could afford to go to Notre Dame so I think its safe to say they weren't paying full tuition unless full tuition at Notre dame is less than $3,000.. Heck i was sitting in the stands at a youth event one time and a very good athlete was sitting beside me. A Notre Dame head coach walked up and asked the kids parents where he was going to go to school. The parent said they were going to look into the private schools. The coach said, "you should consider Notre dame" . The parent replied "we will have to look at schools that can give financial aide" . The coach laughed and said " there are ways around that, we can give as much help as they can". This was when Notre dame was in the public school division. Not only did he say this in front of me but there were multiple coaches sitting there with me. We all just looked at each other and laughed. We werent even shocked because we all knew kids that were going there "with help". 

9 hours ago, LouPickney said:

KC has a prolific offense, and that matchup against Baylor's stacked defense is going to be intriguing.

Baylor has held every opponent besides McCallie to 17 points or fewer. KC QB Kaden Martin might test the Red Raiders' secondary, but Martin can't just rely on a strong arm as Baylor will punish you for being off-target on throws.

once again.....one must look at the opponents that the Raiders have played....only one other quality opponent besides the team that put over 400 yds of offense on them.....17 ant such a great number

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

4 minutes ago, blimblam55 said:

You are exactly right. The fact that Booger thinks one  single person on here believes Notre dames kids have been paying full tuition is hilarious. They werent even paying full tuition when Notre Dame was in the public school division and not supposed to be giving financial help. My ex wife's nephew goes there and definitely isnt paying full tuition. A guy i work withes kid played multiple sports there and he definitely didn't pay full tuition. A guy that used to do hanywork for me sent two kids through there when they were in the public school division and he couldnt have paid full tuition if he tried. ( He was on the work program, where the parents took up tickets at the football games and stuff for reduced tuition). Several kids Ive coached over the years applied to all the private schools and didnt get enough money to go to Baylor or McCallie . They couldnt afford the $3,000-$6000 after financial aide at Baylor and McCallie but  somehow could afford to go to Notre Dame so I think its safe to say they weren't paying full tuition unless full tuition at Notre dame is less than $3,000.. Heck i was sitting in the stands at a youth event one time and a very good athlete was sitting beside me. A Notre Dame head coach walked up and asked the kids parents where he was going to go to school. The parent said they were going to look into the private schools. The coach said, "you should consider Notre dame" . The parent replied "we will have to look at schools that can give financial aide" . The coach laughed and said " there are ways around that, we can give as much help as they can". This was when Notre dame was in the public school division. Not only did he say this in front of me but there were multiple coaches sitting there with me. We all just looked at each other and laughed. We werent even shocked because we all knew kids that were going there "with help". 

quit skippin your focus medicine and attempt to pay attention to the storyline at hand num-acorns.....it was tuition free schoolin that Booger & FF51 were banterin bout....

Booger just sayin dutch-oven.gif