Knoxville Catholic at Baylor

Spartan4Life

9 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

Two penalties against catholic. One was defensive holding and the other was roughing the passer. Baylor declined defensive holding and accepted roughing the passer. 

Didn’t see the hold and certainly didn’t see roughing the passer. I thought the reason for the interception was the QB getting hit as he threw the ball and that was why it was so short.

On 10/18/2019 at 11:40 AM, Spartan4Life said:

Number 34. I forget his name right now. He’s gonna be really good. But of course Elijah is outshining everyoneright now and he doesn’t get a lot of reps in league play. But you can tell he’s a player when he gets his chances. 

Howard is a BEAST! How’d your Spartans let him leave?

14 minutes ago, IrishBBall said:

Howard is a BEAST! How’d your Spartans let him leave?

Haha I can’t fully answer that for some reasons that I don’t know and some I do but more personal. He’s got a better team around him at Baylor. I do think his family was concerned with him being the only playmaker coming back to Webb. 

Edited by Spartan4Life

On 10/18/2019 at 10:04 PM, Spartan4Life said:

Final Baylor 34 Catholic 20.

Too much Noah Martin and Elijah Howard. I’m sure Boog will discount this win as well. 

nope.....ant gonna do that to Suk Creeks new largest fan this week.....thats a decent win gainst a strugglin Catholic North team...but thinkin other than Ted Turners School.....KC probably better than anybody else thats been on Spartys new teams schedule so far....

....Catholic North is proovin that a group of large overated lineman and popular namesakes dont always volley into wins........thinkin its safe to say that (1-3) in the region says the East Bishops team has now officially been intoduced to D2-3A...... Spartys new favorite team gettin that win over Catholic North is OK with Booger:thumb:.....

.....Red Raiders have made sure that things have tilted a bit in Spartys favor....and appears that Spartys new team could b linin up to make a visit to the playoffs....Spartys newest favorite team has the D2-3A West 3rd placer and tuffest contestant of the season for the Raiders comin to the Suk Creek Campus this friday...

.....this game could seal the deal for Sparty

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2019 at 11:12 PM, Spartan4Life said:

I was. I can break it down a little more. 

Second play of the game Noah Martin intercepts a pass and two plays later Elijah Howard scored with one of his signature dead leg moves. PAT no good.

Catholic responded and took the lead 7-6  their only lead of the game. 

Baylor scored on their next two possession and held Catholic to two field goals  20-13 at half.

Catholic won the 3rd quarter. Holding Baylor offense without a single point. Catholic drew even 20-20 In what seemed for a while and offense Baylor could not stop from rushing The Ball. However a big fourth quarter from Elijah and another Interception by Martin. Put it to bed. Neyland Jean had a good game throwing and running. Converting on key fourth downs when Baylor had to have it. 

People were saying Catholic is now out of the playoffs but I’m not sure that’s true if BA loses another they would have the tie breaker. 

This assessment is really a "homer" assessment. Neyland Jean passed for around 30 yards in this game. Not what I would call a good a passing game. Not sure he had a great running game either. The officiating was brutal and totally changed the game when needed. KCHS= 11 Penalties for 93 yards. Baylor= 3 Penalties for 25 Yards. See anything there?

On 10/31/2019 at 9:43 AM, onlythelonely said:

This assessment is really a "homer" assessment. Neyland Jean passed for around 30 yards in this game. Not what I would call a good a passing game. Not sure he had a great running game either. The officiating was brutal and totally changed the game when needed. KCHS= 11 Penalties for 93 yards. Baylor= 3 Penalties for 25 Yards. See anything there?

Yes. I see one team that was less disciplined than the other. 

On 10/31/2019 at 9:43 AM, onlythelonely said:

must b admittin that Booger didnt see onlythelonely gettin off with that 1st boot postin so easy.....u musta caught Sparty in a real calm & peaceful place today....that ex Haslam School of Knoxville fan usually dont take a shine to sumone talkin ill mannered bout his new favorite school like that....... thought for sure onlythelonely had stepped into a pile of Hillary....

....Booger thinkin that Catholic North woulda won that game bout 41-34 also......without them 11 miscues

Booger just sayin :twisted:

27 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

Yes. I see one team that was less disciplined than the other. 

sure didnt see Sparty lettin new guy of the hook that easy.....Suk Creeks new most favoite fan must b in a real relaxful and boomin with sureness bout tonights match-up gainst a unusally down & weakened BA squad...Suk Creek goin to 9-1

...its gonna b one of them extra pair of painty hose nights this evenin Sparty

Booger just sayin winter-cold-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 1