AP CLASS 2A POLL OCT 14, 2019

Southtowner

8 hours ago, Salem said:

No need to apologize for an intentionally weak schedule. The question was raised about the schedule on page 3. Answers were given that no quality teams wanted to play Peabody in spite of their best efforts.  Quality teams disputed that. Finally on page 8 we are told that the Peabody coaches and administration chose the easiest route in the regular season to get back to Cookeville and that was by design. The team has no interest in seeing how they match up with the great teams in the area. The only thing that matters is a gold ball. Fair enough. 

Hopefully your Rockets make it to Black Friday & Peabody does too. I’m hoping the Tide gets to travel to Chapel Hill & I guarantee they put a running clock on you folks in a semifinal playoff game. I guarantee it. But also, I hope you realize how stupid you actually sound when you’re mocking the goal of winning a gold ball. I guess that’s why little ole Forrest still has yet to even make a state championship appearance. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Hopefully your Rockets make it to Black Friday & Peabody does too. I’m hoping the Tide gets to travel to Chapel Hill & I guarantee they put a running clock on you folks in a semifinal playoff game. I guarantee it. But also, I hope you realize how stupid you actually sound when you’re mocking the goal of winning a gold ball. I guess that’s why little ole Forrest still has yet to even make a state championship appearance. 

Boom goes the dynamite 

48 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

This^^^^

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Salem said:

No need to apologize for an intentionally weak schedule. The question was raised about the schedule on page 3. Answers were given that no quality teams wanted to play Peabody in spite of their best efforts.  Quality teams disputed that. Finally on page 8 we are told that the Peabody coaches and administration chose the easiest route in the regular season to get back to Cookeville and that was by design. The team has no interest in seeing how they match up with the great teams in the area. The only thing that matters is a gold ball. Fair enough. 

Also just to add in, the opponents on your Forrest Rockets schedule combined record up to this point is 34-37... so let’s not try to sit up on our high horse & act like you guys play a gauntlet either. Granted Peabody’s opponents combined record is 30-44, that’s just 4 less wins. You’re just the pot calling the kettle black. How about you be a little more informed before you try to puff that chest of yours next time. 

2 hours ago, PHSRollTide said:

South Pittsburgh and they lost that game. The only other team I see they have played was Greenback and they barely won that one. And from what I have heard from coach t posters, greenback had some hype. They have one more challenging game and that’s Oneida.

I’d say they have had a schedule that makes them a better team. They stepped it up this yr with that schedule. You can’t count that loss against them. Region 7 is usually pretty dang tough but not this yr. Meigs hasn’t had a cupcake schedule that’s for dang sure. And that’s the only reason I responded to your post!

16 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I’d say they have had a schedule that makes them a better team. They stepped it up this yr with that schedule. You can’t count that loss against them. Region 7 is usually pretty dang tough but not this yr. Meigs hasn’t had a cupcake schedule that’s for dang sure. And that’s the only reason I responded to your post!

Meigs has played 2 of the top teams in 1A. Meigs no doubt has a tough schedule. I’d argue the toughest in 2A but I’m not as well versed on everyone in 2A’s schedules. 

11 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Meigs has played 2 of the top teams in 1A. Meigs no doubt has a tough schedule. I’d argue the toughest in 2A but I’m not as well versed on everyone in 2A’s schedules. 

Tyner Academy has played Alcoa (#1 in 3A) and Baylor (Ranked as high as #2 or #3 in the biggest D2 classification). Going to be hard to top that. Ours has been tougher than the past two years, for sure. 

24 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

Tyner Academy has played Alcoa (#1 in 3A) and Baylor (Ranked as high as #2 or #3 in the biggest D2 classification). Going to be hard to top that. Ours has been tougher than the past two years, for sure. 

Yes that is definitely tough for sure. @Salem should be slobbering over you guys schedule. I bet he is in heaven getting on unapproved website & staring at Tyner’s schedule all night long. 

In all seriousness though, that is tough. Should help you guys out in the long run playing those tough opponents. 

1 hour ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Also just to add in, the opponents on your Forrest Rockets schedule combined record up to this point is 34-37... so let’s not try to sit up on our high horse & act like you guys play a gauntlet either. Granted Peabody’s opponents combined record is 30-44, that’s just 4 less wins. You’re just the pot calling the kettle black. How about you be a little more informed before you try to puff that chest of yours next time. 

No need to be defensive and go on a CoachT tweetstorm if you want to take the easiest route with a stacked deck and go after a gold ball in the state's second smallest and arguably weakest division. So the mighty 2A powerhouse is comparing schedules to a 2A team that won 9 games over the last two years? We absolutely tried to make our schedule easier and only picked up two 4A teams to get to 10 games. That being said our schedule is rated almost identical to Peabody's in the strength of schedule department.  We have the 3rd easiest schedule among top 10 2A teams (84.75) and Peabody has the 4th easiest (85.61) according to Sonnie Moore. 

We also haven't beat our chest claiming we have the depth and the talent to play with anyone in the state and then schedule Sheffield and Washington because we don't want anyone to get hurt or drive a long way to our games. Maybe your fans enjoy paying $6-7 to get into a game and start the 3rd quarter with a running clock every week. Maybe the coaches enjoy calling plays that work every time and having zero stress until December. Fair enough. 

36 minutes ago, Salem said:

No need to be defensive and go on a CoachT tweetstorm if you want to take the easiest route with a stacked deck and go after a gold ball in the state's second smallest and arguably weakest division. So the mighty 2A powerhouse is comparing schedules to a 2A team that won 9 games over the last two years? We absolutely tried to make our schedule easier and only picked up two 4A teams to get to 10 games. That being said our schedule is rated almost identical to Peabody's in the strength of schedule department.  We have the 3rd easiest schedule among top 10 2A teams (84.75) and Peabody has the 4th easiest (85.61) according to Sonnie Moore. 

We also haven't beat our chest claiming we have the depth and the talent to play with anyone in the state and then schedule Sheffield and Washington because we don't want anyone to get hurt or drive a long way to our games. Maybe your fans enjoy paying $6-7 to get into a game and start the 3rd quarter with a running clock every week. Maybe the coaches enjoy calling plays that work every time and having zero stress until December. Fair enough. 

Peabody is small and slow. We just hope IF we get to play the mighty Forrest Rockets we can just compete.