Rhea Co vs Soddy Region 4-5A Championship Game

Rhea Co.

One the biggest game on the schedule with the Region 4-5A title on the line in Evensville. Should be interesting to see how we bounce back after the loss to Red Bank. Will Langley or Goodwin be back for this game?

Soddy beat Signal in a shootout last week and really the last two weeks their offense has finally started putting up some numbers. Their offense has not been as productive as I would have thought at the start of the season. 

Should be another great rivalry game for the region. 

The loser of the Rhea County vs Soddy-Daisy game probably we get the prize of playing at home against Oak Ridge. Oak Ridge will play at 6A Mt. Juliet ( I think Rhea has played there in the past ) this Friday. Then OR goes to Powell before ending the regular season at Fulton.

Bottom Line:

The Wildcats may enter the playoffs like a shell of a team or a team rolling strong.

I live in Hixson ( from Oak Ridge ) so I want Soddy Daisy to lose. I can drive to Soddy Daisy High in 15 min.

24 minutes ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

Simply curious. What happens if Soddy  beats Rhea and WV beats Soddy? How would 1st-3rd be decided?

I checked to see if the playoff possibilities were up on tssaa.org yet but they were not. I think the first tie breaker is head to head and next is overall records of the teams involved with the tie breaker.

The poster RheaCo probably knows the full answer.

Good luck this Friday night to all Reg 4 5A teams.

8 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I checked to see if the playoff possibilities were up on tssaa.org yet but they were not. I think the first tie breaker is head to head and next is overall records of the teams involved with the tie breaker.

The poster RheaCo probably knows the full answer.

Good luck this Friday night to all Reg 4 5A teams.

Willie that is correct, first tiebreaker would be overall record....unless something has changed. 

8 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

Yes. I was being silly, but a game I will never forget... WV is heading in the right direction. Wouldn’t surprise me if they beat Soddy & hosted a first round game.

Agree, WV is definitely headed in the right direction. Much improved on both sides of the ball. It appeared to me that the Walker Valley teams that were successful a couple years back were doing it more on talent than coaching. I don’t think that’s the case anymore.