Rhea Co vs Soddy Region 4-5A Championship Game

Rhea Co.

8 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I checked to see if the playoff possibilities were up on tssaa.org yet but they were not. I think the first tie breaker is head to head and next is overall records of the teams involved with the tie breaker.

The poster RheaCo probably knows the full answer.

Good luck this Friday night to all Reg 4 5A teams.

Yes that is correct greatest number of victories is the 1st. Then it’s the team who has played the most teams who have won more than 50% of their games. Then it goes to the team that has the most victories over the teams that have more than 50% of wins on their schedule. Usually one of those top 3 tiebreakers will settle it. If not then it goes back to the opponents on a teams schedule and how many wins they have and then how many losses those opponents have. Then if that doesn’t do it a coin flip happens. 

Here is the link for the tie-breaker rules. 

https://cms-files.tssaa.org/documents/tssaa/2019FBRegulations.pdf

19 minutes ago, RCfan said:

Agree, WV is definitely headed in the right direction. Much improved on both sides of the ball. It appeared to me that the Walker Valley teams that were successful a couple years back were doing it more on talent than coaching. I don’t think that’s the case anymore. 

Yes Walker Valley next year is going to be a team to watch. They return a lot of this year’s team and could serious region title contender 

Thank you for clarification!!! WV is improving every week. Plus, they are getting players back from summer injuries. Hopefully, the improvement will continue to show up on the field. They do have talent and definitely great coaching. By the way, our hearts go out the Rhea County community after losing several staff members last week!

19 hours ago, Rhea Co. said:

Also I heard this game is going to be shown in the Chattanooga area on the CW and online. Rhea County’s own Super Dave Keylon will be apart of the broadcast. 

Rhea County owns the Chattanooga Sports Media...Super Dave AND Cowboy Joe. 

Direct TV in Chattanooga doesn't carry the CW anymore. But maybe, the CW will also stream the game on the Internet. Oak Ridge vs Mt. Juliet will be streamed by BBBTV12.com and then the the game should be on YouTube after that.

Go Rhea, Soddy and Walker Valley. Can I get a SHOUT OUT for Lenoir City? NOOOOOOOOOO!  :grin:

• Like 1

Well back to the drawing board. Good to see Jackson back but he is nowhere near 100%. I don’t see him playing the next 2 weeks. Turnovers and penalties really hurt us and we had a shot to tie at the end and just could not finish.  Go Walker Valley in two weeks 

Edited by Rhea Co.

2 hours ago, Rhea Co. said:

Well back to the drawing board. Good to see Jackson back but he is nowhere near 100%. I don’t see him playing the next 2 weeks. Turnovers and penalties really hurt us and we had a shot to tie at the end and just could not finish.  Go Walker Valley in two weeks 

So, I guess Rhea will win the District if WV beats Soddy?

Edited by FootballFan51

On 10/17/2019 at 12:25 AM, WillieTheWildcats said:

I checked to see if the playoff possibilities were up on tssaa.org yet but they were not. I think the first tie breaker is head to head and next is overall records of the teams involved with the tie breaker.

The poster RheaCo probably knows the full answer.

Good luck this Friday night to all Reg 4 5A teams.

After last night games I see the 1st Round like this

Lenoir City @ Powell

Walker Valley @ Knox. West

Oak Ridge @ Rhea Co.

Fulton @ Soddy Daisy

8 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

So, I guess Rhea will win the District if WV beats Soddy?

If Walker Valley beats Soddy then it forces a 3 way tie for 1st. Since all 3 would have beaten each other then it goes to total wins. If Rhea wins out (which they should) they would hold the tie breaker for 1 seed with the most wins. Then it goes back to the head to head and Walker Valley would be 2nd due to the win. I don’t see Soddy beating Bradley next week. 

Edited by Rhea Co.

1 hour ago, Rhea Co. said:

If Walker Valley beats Soddy then it forces a 3 way tie for 1st. Since all 3 would have beaten each other then it goes to total wins. If Rhea wins out (which they should) they would hold the tie breaker for 1 seed with the most wins. Then it goes back to the head to head and Walker Valley would be 2nd due to the win. I don’t see Soddy beating Bradley next week. 

Bradley’s defense is pretty porous. I expect McMinn Co to put up about 45 on them in 2 weeks. I haven’t seen Soddy play, but I would tend to agree with you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, Rhea Co, y’all should be div champs and not Soddy. Walker Valley got absolutely hosed by the head ref at Soddy. Walker Valley got a td called back (with a pf flag on their oline) which would have put them up 14. I have watched the play 20 times and cannot find anything that warranted a flag at all. That call completed changed the game. 

2 hours ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

Sorry, Rhea Co, y’all should be div champs and not Soddy. Walker Valley got absolutely hosed by the head ref at Soddy. Walker Valley got a td called back (with a pf flag on their oline) which would have put them up 14. I have watched the play 20 times and cannot find anything that warranted a flag at all. That call completed changed the game. 

And completely changed the playoff picture as well. 

Edited by FootballFan51