Freedom Prep Forfeits?

CoachSonnenfelt

Seems to me they would know that being a Charter school in Memphis they're not allowed to have a student athlete play for them that's played a game at a Memphis school over the last 12 months.

Just like none of their student athletes can transfer to another Memphis school and be eligible before sitting out 12 months.  That's why the 3 that transferred to Memphis Central were ruled ineligible then subsequently left the state. 

37 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Looking at it now, I think they may be done.  The best they can do is 3 wins and MASE already has that.  With the forfeit then MASE gets the tie breaker. I'm wondering if someone waited until now to turn them in to keep them out of the playoffs. 

Also, weren't some of us discussing this very thing the other day about a different team?

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

12 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Seems to me they would know that being a Charter school in Memphis they're not allowed to have a student athlete play for them that's played a game at a Memphis school over the last 12 months.

Just like none of their student athletes can transfer to another Memphis school and be eligible before sitting out 12 months.  That's why the 3 that transferred to Memphis Central were ruled ineligible then subsequently left the state. 

Knowing the rules and caring about the rules are two separate issues.

14 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Just glancing at their remaining schedule.  Looks as though Freedom Prep will fail to make the playoffs.  

The best Prep can finish in the region is 3-5. 

MASE the 4th place team in the region can finish no worse than 4-4 now that MASE gets the forfeit win over Prep.

Look up dude. I've already detailed this one out slow poke :D

I do think it was timed this way on purpose now though.

Edited by The Drunken Sailor