Freedom Prep Forfeits?

CoachSonnenfelt

1 hour ago, BigEdMo said:

Bingo. Just the facts.  

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Know what?.. I'm not quite done yet. The now defunct Memphis City System got over 400 Million of the entire states allotment of 500 million from President Obama's "Race To The Top" education program, along with 90 million from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Within two years they were bankrupt, dissolved the system, and forced Shelby County to absorb the students and dilapidated facilities, almost bankrupting them. VP Joe Biden ( after touring the city ) reported to Pres. Obama that the reason was "a culture of failure" in Memphis. My grandfather had an old saying... "do as you've always done, get what you've always got". Keep doing it your way.

A little enlightenment of the Bill Gates foundation:https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2018/06/29/bill-gates-spent-hundreds-of-millions-of-dollars-to-improve-teaching-new-report-says-it-was-a-bust/

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Know what?.. I'm not quite done yet. The now defunct Memphis City System got over 400 Million of the entire states allotment of 500 million from President Obama's "Race To The Top" education program, along with 90 million from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Within two years they were bankrupt, dissolved the system, and forced Shelby County to absorb the students and dilapidated facilities, almost bankrupting them. VP Joe Biden ( after touring the city ) reported to Pres. Obama that the reason was "a culture of failure" in Memphis. My grandfather had an old saying... "do as you've always done, get what you've always got". Keep doing it your way.

Please do your research before responding to anything about Memphis City Schools.  I've worked in the school system for over 15 years and sadly when the state took over some of our schools were destroyed.  Memphis became an experiment so say the least.  I would say a lot and out of town decision makers were paid nicely.  After the money starting running low without any positive results they disappear.  So your statement was right it was a CULTURE OF Failure.  The Tennessee old time culture.

20 minutes ago, Mtown38 said:

Please do your research before responding to anything about Memphis City Schools.  I've worked in the school system for over 15 years and sadly when the state took over some of our schools were destroyed.  Memphis became an experiment so say the least.  I would say a lot and out of town decision makers were paid nicely.  After the money starting running low without any positive results they disappear.  So your statement was right it was a CULTURE OF Failure.  The Tennessee old time culture.

Just like I said earlier. I can’t remember if it was this thread or another one, but even the politics are crooked in Memphis. 

25 minutes ago, Mtown38 said:

You had 15 years to improve it but yet you still condone and try to find work arounds when it is simple. Cheating. And in turn that sets the kids up for failure. I grew Up in Memphis so I am Used to the double talk out of Memphis.  It is really Sad. I graduated In the 80’s and have watched the downward spiral of Memphis schools. So this is not something that has happened over night or just the past few years. And when you bring up the success stories of past students that is great. And I am Very happy for them. But there are far to many students that are shown the way to cheat and to find work arounds. And please don’t bring up athletes in college how they are succeeding in school. I myself Was a college athlete. With the tutors and student assistants I never Had to study anything . College for athletes at big time schools is really no different than Memphis schools. Get what you can out of the athlete at any expense. And maybe Memphis would have never been an experiment had things been done correctly in the first place. No one ever has to step in to fix things  if things are run the right way. Keep on with the victim defense. Maybe it will work if you keep doing it over and over and over and over and over and over.  

Edited by BigEdMo

2 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

You had 15 years to improve it but yet you still condone and try to find work arounds when it is simple. Cheating. And in turn that sets the kids up for failure. I grew Up in Memphis so I am Used to the double talk out of Memphis.  It is really Sad. I graduated In the 80’s and have watched the downward spiral of Memphis schools. So this is not something that has happened over night or just the past few years. And when you bring up the success stories of past students that is great. And I am Very happy for them. But there are far to many students that are shown the way to cheat and to find work arounds. And please don’t bring up athletes in college how they are succeeding in school. I myself Was a college athlete. With the tutors and student assistants I never Had to study anything . College for athletes at big time schools is really no different than Memphis schools. Get what you can out of the athlete at any expense. And maybe Memphis would have never been an experiment had things been done correctly in the first place. No one ever has to step in if things are run the right way. Keep on with the victim defense. Maybe it will work if you keep doing it over and over and over and over and over and over.  

Man Memphis City schools is not the only thing that is a downward spiral, it’s the whole city.  Mainly because of politics.  Poor people are always prey upon.  But do put everyone in Memphis in the same boat, we have more than just a few school in this county.   It’s easy to say negative comment about a small percentage of schools.  For every scholl are programs you think cheat, I can mean 15 that are not

But I can say In my 15 years of service I helped thousands of kids get scholarships and succeed in life. It’s bigger than just football with me.  

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Mtown38 said:

A lot of in town decision makers were paid nicely too... many teacher salaries went into the six digit realm. Not saying that teachers don't deserve to be compensated, but the economics have to work out to meet the bottom line. I myself am "in the business" so to speak for almost 12 years, and if something isn't working great in our system we find out what works better for others and implement it. For you (and others) to defend the actions of those PROVEN to be using (sacrificing the education of) the kids for their own benefit just says that that culture has to change before the kids interests are placed first.

Booker T Washington is a great example. They actually did the research, and implemented programs to further education and reduce absenteeism...their GPA and their graduation rates jumped almost 30% while violence within the school went down almost that much. Booker T's administrators and coaches, not the ones from Trezevant and Freedom Prep are the ones who Memphians should put on the pedestal, but everyone knows who has a "loaded" football team, not so many know about Booker T's success.

36 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

41 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

A lot of in town decision makers were paid nicely too... many teacher salaries went into the six digit realm. Not saying that teachers don't deserve to be compensated, but the economics have to work out to meet the bottom line. I myself am "in the business" so to speak for almost 12 years, and if something isn't working great in our system we find out what works better for others and implement it. For you (and others) to defend the actions of those PROVEN to be using (sacrificing the education of) the kids for their own benefit just says that that culture has to change before the kids interests are placed first.

Booker T Washington is a great example. They actually did the research, and implemented programs to further education and reduce absenteeism...their GPA and their graduation rates jumped almost 30% while violence within the school went down almost that much. Booker T's administrators and coaches, not the ones from Trezevant and Freedom Prep are the ones who Memphians should put on the pedestal, but everyone knows who has a "loaded" football team, not so many know about Booker T's success.

You right that did research and didn’t experiment.

43 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

How do teacher salaries help the kids of Memphis?  Not many kids in this school system benefited. Are teaching for money or what?

I really hate this for those kids. This is 100% on the coach. I know alot of people are glad this happened but this is a horrible break for the 99% of the kids who did right and worked hard to get to where there were this year. This team was foreal and was gonna upset a lot of people on the field. I don’t really see how this could’ve been a mistake tho since the other 3 kids transferred out of state to specifically avoid this from happening. Does anyone have any details on why this student was assumed to be eligible or how it was just recently discovered?