2A Region 5 vs Region 6 Playoffs

vandyfan1

13 minutes ago, Salem said:

Apparently we know which teams are going to the playoffs in Region 5 but not a single playoff seed has been determined through Week 9.

Region 6 isn’t much better, Riverside drilled Camden, who beat Waverly , who beat Houston Co who drilled Riverside. 

Gotta love the unknowns Salem. That’s what makes it so exciting!

56 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Good point. You honestly think that could happen?

It would be a long shot, but Loretto is not without players. They have some size and speed. I second guess the coaches decision not to start some of his players both ways. I think they would be better if that happen. 

11 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

It would be a long shot, but Loretto is not without players. They have some size and speed. I second guess the coaches decision not to start some of his players both ways. I think they would be better if that happen. 

At this level it’s almost a must! Unless you are just loaded!

8 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

It’s one of those games that most, including myself, expect Eville to win, but Loretto is probably just good enough to be able to make it interesting, then if mistakes and penalties happen to become an issue for us that night, they could pull an upset. We need to have the mindset that they’re as good as anybody, not that it’ll be a cakewalk.

34 minutes ago, EHSEagles said:

It’s one of those games that most, including myself, expect Eville to win, but Loretto is probably just good enough to be able to make it interesting, then if mistakes and penalties happen to become an issue for us that night, they could pull an upset. We need to have the mindset that they’re as good as anybody, not that it’ll be a cakewalk.

I don’t believe for a second that it will happen. Just know that Loretto has players and playmakers. LC was up just 15-0 at the half and had only 3 possessions. Ended up scoring another 22 pt with 5:00 still left in the 3rd to put it away. If we had turned the ball over like we did against Summertown and they hadn’t have thrown 2 picks then it could have been a little different. 

• Like 1

Teams have a trajectory it seems. They either play their best ball at the beginning. middle, or end of the season. It could be psychological, injuries, whatever. 

- Loretto seems to be done since the close loss to Summertown

- Summertown peaked against Lewis, and has declined grradually each week. 

- Lewis seems to have recovered from the Summertown loss, and migh be playing their best ball of the year outside an impressive season opening road win at Riverside.  

- Eagleville seems to be getting better every week..they take care of who they are supposed to. They played Lewis very tough and upset Summertown. 

- Community has 2 or 3 good players, but they have a lot of guys who would barely get in games on a lot fo 2A squads playing major minutes. 

- Forrest routnely has 3-4 games where they are hobbled. This could be due to their physical style, a lack of conditioning (I dont think this it but I also think it could be better), flukes, etc. They usually drop 1-2 games in this stretch. This time they haven't, which is why they control their own destiny.

I think Eagleville beats Loretto, which puts them a solid 3. 

I think it's too naive to think Forrest can be 100% in the next 13 days. I just don't see it. I think at 100% they beat Lewis. As it stands, I am still picking Lewis in a 28-20 type game. 

That means the Final 4 would be Lewis, Forrest, Eagleville, and Summertown.   I'm ok with that.  

• Like 1