Dist 5AAA 2019-2020

FootballFan51

Media Day was yesterday. Cleveland was picked first unanimously by coaches & media, as they should have been. I think Bradley, East Ham & WV will all be fighting for 2nd. East Ham must have lost a lot, because they were really talented last year. 

http://clevelandbanner.com/stories/bearettes-raiders-repeat-as-hoop-picks,104254

On 10/17/2019 at 11:29 PM, FootballFan51 said:

Media Day was yesterday. Cleveland was picked first unanimously by coaches & media, as they should have been. I think Bradley, East Ham & WV will all be fighting for 2nd. East Ham must have lost a lot, because they were really talented last year. 

http://clevelandbanner.com/stories/bearettes-raiders-repeat-as-hoop-picks,104254

If Cleveland's new coach keep recruiting players from East Hamilton (Morrell) then EHHS will be even weaker.

Heard that Morrell is going to be turned in to TSSAA because he is ineligible. He still lives in East Brainerd, same house, same address. Seen him leaving the other day plus saw his sister playing on the same volleyball team in East Brainerd. Sounds ineligible to me. Sure would be a shame for Cleveland to forfeit any games they may win because they have an ineligible player.

Edited by oochie12

7 hours ago, oochie12 said:

Heard that Morrell is going to be turned in to TSSAA because he is ineligible. He still lives in East Brainerd, same house, same address. Seen him leaving the other day plus saw his sister playing on the same volleyball team in East Brainerd. Sounds ineligible to me. Sure would be a shame for Cleveland to forfeit any games they may win because they have an ineligible player.

They haven’t played any games yet, so none to forfeit. I’m sure they are smart enough to get approval from TSSAA before they play him. 
Even if they forfeited every regular season game, they still win Region tournament easily... 

Edited by FootballFan51

1 hour ago, FootballFan51 said:

They haven’t played any games yet, so none to forfeit. I’m sure they are smart enough to get approval from TSSAA before they play him. 
Even if they forfeited every regular season game, they still win Region tournament easily... 

When and if they get turned in, TSSAA will investigate. You can't live in East Brainerd and play at Cleveland can you? Bona Fide change of address? Has an athletic record at another TSSAA school? TSSAA Handbook, P. 16, Section 12, a. & b. They may win Region tournament easily but wouldn't it be a shame to have to forfeit it if he was reported after they played it?

54 minutes ago, oochie said:

When and if they get turned in, TSSAA will investigate. You can't live in East Brainerd and play at Cleveland can you? Bona Fide change of address? Has an athletic record at another TSSAA school? TSSAA Handbook, P. 16, Section 12, a. & b. They may win Region tournament easily but wouldn't it be a shame to have to forfeit it if he was reported after they played it?

It would be a shame, but they aren’t that dumb to play him until he is cleared. He has not played a game yet.