Dist 5AAA 2019-2020

FootballFan51

On 10/29/2019 at 9:00 PM, oochie said:

When and if they get turned in, TSSAA will investigate. You can't live in East Brainerd and play at Cleveland can you? Bona Fide change of address? Has an athletic record at another TSSAA school? TSSAA Handbook, P. 16, Section 12, a. & b. They may win Region tournament easily but wouldn't it be a shame to have to forfeit it if he was reported after they played it?

Why are people so bent on screwing a kid over because he went to a better situation?? Coaches leave for better situations all the time but a kid has to stay in a bad situation?? For what?? He's not going back to the previous school, is this just to be vindictive? I dont know the kid or have any ties to either school but this trying to screw kids over for leaving a school is low.

14 hours ago, 99Guy said:

Why are people so bent on screwing a kid over because he went to a better situation?? Coaches leave for better situations all the time but a kid has to stay in a bad situation?? For what?? He's not going back to the previous school, is this just to be vindictive? I dont know the kid or have any ties to either school but this trying to screw kids over for leaving a school is low.

Yeah, idk why anyone cares. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

I guess we should just not have any rules or have to follow them then.  We just need to let kids transfer wherever they want and not have zones.  Just let them form all-star teams.  Heaven forbid we make someone follow the rules.  "Idk why anyone cares"- come on man

Let em play where they want. If the school has room for them, who cares? Why would anyone try to stop a high school kid from playing his senior year all because they chose a different school?

20 hours ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Let em play where they want. If the school has room for them, who cares? Why would anyone try to stop a high school kid from playing his senior year all because they chose a different school?

I completely understand your sentiment here.  I think the reason people care is about fair play.  Especially when these high school sports have become year round... there is alot put into it by different stakeholders.  

Rules are in place to prevent a "recruiting" environment. Many people don't want this to be college or AAU where you go whereever you want and create "super teams". High school sports has a community pride aspect that they will lose when kids group up and play at the "in" school or for the "in" coach.

Now, I think there are plenty of examples across the state that prove these rules are not enforced very well. It makes matters even worse when some kids get told no and some kids are allowed to play when the state looks the other way. 

Obviously its tough to blame the kids here as they are kids.  I think there is some misplaced anger going on. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, FELONYCHILD said:

Cleveland should be in the running to win the district. If they can get firing on all cylinders this team could be special. Jacobi at point guard is one of the most smooth players I’ve seen come thru the high school and there has been many  great hoopers walk the halls at CHS. The brotha has “IT,” he plays with confidence, has a high basketball iq, and has got some bounce now being able to windmill and etc. This team is guard based and adding another tremendous athlete in Morrell from East Ham should just take them to another level. Can’t wait for the season to start. 

If Cleveland doesn’t win, there will need to be a Federal investigation. 

On another topic, based on their talent level & the way it works in this District, there is no way that Reggie will be considered for Coach or the Year :roflol:

Edited by FootballFan51

7 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

If Cleveland doesn’t win, there will need to be a Federal investigation. 

On another topic, based on their talent level & the way it works in this District, there is no way that Reggie will be considered for Coach or the Year :roflol:

Hopefully Jacobi can win player of the year this season. Reggie has a chance to win it, Jason won it last year. I think its just the girls basketball coaches that vote that way. No reason for Reuter not to have a few.

3 hours ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Hopefully Jacobi can win player of the year this season. Reggie has a chance to win it, Jason won it last year. I think its just the girls basketball coaches that vote that way. No reason for Reuter not to have a few.

Yeah. I’m just joking about Coach if the Year craziness.
And yes, Jacobi should definitely win POY/MVP. Great player & great young man. 

Edited by FootballFan51