Dist 5AAA 2019-2020

FootballFan51

2 hours ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

I told you all that Cleveland did not have much besides Wood. Bradley is not that good. Bearden beat them 47-27. I still say the Jacobi Wood’s will lose to Blackman or Siegel in the sectional

They may lose to one of them, but they do have good players besides Wood. You simply show that don’t know basketball if you think otherwise. 

16 minutes ago, FootballFan51 said:

Wait... what did you just say about Bradley & Bearden & equating to Cleveland? Are you playing the who beat who game:roflol:?

Well played.  Just finding some points of reference to support my argument.  Cleveland beat BC twice by 15.  Without Wood they got beat 2, which is impressive for that supporting cast, but Blackman and Siegel are better TEAMS than Bradley.  Berry will be a really good player, but I am not impressed with Curry on the hardwood.  Yes I know Cleveland beat Siegel earlier in the year, but we can all agree that tournament basketball is different from the regular season.  Maybe this loss will humble Cleveland a little bit and they can use that motivation for a run to a state title, but only time will tell

47 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

Well played.  Just finding some points of reference to support my argument.  Cleveland beat BC twice by 15.  Without Wood they got beat 2, which is impressive for that supporting cast, but Blackman and Siegel are better TEAMS than Bradley.  Berry will be a really good player, but I am not impressed with Curry on the hardwood.  Yes I know Cleveland beat Siegel earlier in the year, but we can all agree that tournament basketball is different from the regular season.  Maybe this loss will humble Cleveland a little bit and they can use that motivation for a run to a state title, but only time will tell

Curry was the best player in a Bradley uniform last night? He hit big shot after big shot. Berry will be great, but Curry is a beast.

4 hours ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

Maybe this loss will humble Cleveland a little bit and they can use that motivation for a run to a state title, but only time will tell

I think you are 100% correct here. This loss was probably the best thing that could have happened for the Cleveland title hopes. 

i have never said Cleveland was unbeatable or even the favorite to win it all.  I haven’t seen many teams outside of Dist 5 & 6 this year, so I just don’t know. I think they could have trouble if there are athletic teams that have height & can get the ball inside on them, as well as locking down Jacobi or catching them on an off night. 

My whole point is that Cleveland has a strong group of starters & is not a 1 man team. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FootballFan51 said:

I think you are 100% correct here. This loss was probably the best thing that could have happened for the Cleveland title hopes. 

i have never said Cleveland was unbeatable or even the favorite to win it all.  I haven’t seen many teams outside of Dist 5 & 6 this year, so I just don’t know. I think they could have trouble if there are athletic teams that have height & can get the ball inside on them, as well as locking down Jacobi or catching them on an off night. 

My whole point is that Cleveland has a strong group of starters & is not a 1 man team. 

You may be right.  I have only seen Cleveland once, but I think foul trouble/lack of depth and/or lack of post presence will be their downfall.  If Curry tore them up I'm guessing it was in the post

3 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

You may be right.  I have only seen Cleveland once, but I think foul trouble/lack of depth and/or lack of post presence will be their downfall.  If Curry tore them up I'm guessing it was in the post

It wasn’t. Curry has a nice drive game and his  3 point shot is much improved.