Stewie at Lebanon... who ya got?

nrgrizzlies

1 minute ago, firstandgoal said:

nrgrizzlies, I remember a few weeks ago you talking about a disappointing radio broadcast that an opponent had. I would encourage you to check out Lebanon’s 98.9 FM tonight. Tommy Bryan, Bob Lea, Terry Stafford, and Joe Gardner do an excellent job covering Lebanon High football. High quality broadcast in my opinion. 

They do an excellent job.  I have listened to them before.  What you listened to was not the flagship announce team though.  That team covers Gallatin not Station Camp and it is night and day.  

10 minutes ago, firstandgoal said:

nrgrizzlies, I remember a few weeks ago you talking about a disappointing radio broadcast that an opponent had. I would encourage you to check out Lebanon’s 98.9 FM tonight. Tommy Bryan, Bob Lea, Terry Stafford, and Joe Gardner do an excellent job covering Lebanon High football. High quality broadcast in my opinion. 

Pretty bias as you would expect, but very high quality play by play. 

6 hours ago, firstandgoal said:

I am listening right now. Stewie with a 50 yard TD on the 3rd play of the game for a 7-0 lead.

The broadcast is pretty good.  The quality of the live streaming is good.  Reminds me of the WGNS high school broadcasts out of Murfreesboro.

UPDATE: Creek up 14-0 at the half on a 90 yard pass play.

Edited by nrgrizzlies

17-7 Stewarts Creek.  Lebanon moved the ball pretty well but two drives ended with turnovers and one with a missed FG.  Stewarts Creek defense did a nice job bending but not breaking.  Stewarts Creek brought a great crowd.  I think they had more folks there than Lebanon.  These last two region games are huge for the Blue Devils.  Win both and they will be at home in round one of the playoffs.  Lose both and they could miss playoffs entirely.

Glad you enjoyed the broadcast.  Those guys are homers but still pretty good.

On 10/19/2019 at 2:03 PM, firstandgoal said:

17-7 Stewarts Creek.  Lebanon moved the ball pretty well but two drives ended with turnovers and one with a missed FG.  Stewarts Creek defense did a nice job bending but not breaking.  Stewarts Creek brought a great crowd.  I think they had more folks there than Lebanon.  These last two region games are huge for the Blue Devils.  Win both and they will be at home in round one of the playoffs.  Lose both and they could miss playoffs entirely.

Glad you enjoyed the broadcast.  Those guys are homers but still pretty good.

They did make a remark about it taking an 18 wheeler to bring Stewie's band gear but that may be more of a compliment than a gripe.  There as a time when Blackman and Siegel had huge bands (maybe still do, I'm not sure) and between like ten and 14 years ago, LaVergne actually was doing some big impressive halftime shows and winning some band competitions (Nightmare Before Christmas and Wicked were really cool shows).  Due to extremes in the weather (98 degrees in early October and now sometimes in the 30's at night) it's harder to go than it used to be, so I miss seeing some of the local bands as well as their teams.  When your kids grow up and are no longer playing ball or marching, you just don't feel as motivated to go every Friday night.