What can happen tonight? (Class 1A)

silverpie

(Note: When I say that something is possible, I only mean it is mathematically possible. In other words, it is possible for Red Boiling Springs to beat McCallie...)

Region 1: It is known that all four will qualify, Unaka fourth. If Cloudland beats Jellico, they are first and third respectively, with Hancock County second. If Jellico wins, it's chaos for those three.

Region 2Coalfield is in. If either Sunbright or Oakdale wins, they're guaranteed no worse than third.

Greenback can clinch a playoff berth with a win. If Sunbright also wins, the Cherokees will get a home game; if not, they are still locked into the top 3 if they win and Oakdale also wins.

Oliver Springs retains all possibilities if Greenback loses (anything from first to out). If Greenback wins, then the Bobcats can clinch a bid with a win, and are eliminated from first place if they lose.

Harriman cannot win the region. A loss ends the Blue Devils' chance at second place, and even at third if Oliver Springs also wins.

Midway needs a win to remain in the title race. If they lose and Greenback wins, the Green Wave cannot get a home game.

Sunbright must win to keep its playoff hopes alive. Even if the Tigers win, they are out if Harriman and Oakdale both win, and if one wins, they cannot reach third. In no case does Sunbright host the first round.

Oakdale can finish as high as second, although that possibility requires both Greenback and Midway to lose tonight. If the Eagles themselves lose, theirplayoff  hopes are destroyed altogether.

Region 3: Copper Basin will finish at least second.

South Pittsburg is the only other team with a chance at first place. If either the Pirates or the Sale Creek Panthers win, both clinch playoff places, and whichever one won (or both) are guaranteed no worse than third.

Whitwell and Lookout Valley can finish no higher than second, and both must win for either to keep that hope. Either team is capped at fourth place if it loses (whatever the other does).

Region 4:Monterey and Clay County have clinched top-3 finishes; Gordonsville clinches a playoff spot with a win. Any of these three can win the region.

Jo ByrnsPicket County, and Red Boiling Springs can finish no higher than third. In fact, RBS can finish no better than fourth, and a Gordonsville win would also end Pickett County's shot at third.

Region 5: Fayetteville has won the region

Cornersville clinches a playoff berth with a win, and it will be at least the #3 if Huntland also wins.

Huntland cannot clinch tonight, but also cannot be knocked out of the race for second and a home game.

Mount Pleasant needs losses by both Huntland and Cornersville to remain in contention for second.

Richland and Moore County need to win to remain in the hunt for second. Moore County, in fact, cannot even finish third with a loss.

Region 6Huntingdon will host in Round 1, and can clinch the region with a win.

Hollow Rock-Bruceton is thus eliminated from first with a Huntingdon win; a McEwen win, on the other hand, guarantees the blue Tigers postseason play.

McEwen must win to remain in the first-place race, and also needs for Huntingdon to lose. The Warriors clinch a playoff spot with a win, and at least third place if HR-B also wins.

Collinwood can at best finish second; if HR-B and McEwen both win, the Trojans' ceiling drops to third.

Wayne County can finish as high as second with a win, but no better than fourth with a loss.

Perry County needs the upset of Huntingdon to remain in any playoff contention, and even then can only hope for fourth place and the trip to Fayetteville.

Middleton is out.

Region 7Lake County will finish at least third.

Greenfield and West Carroll are also guaranteed to make the playoffs, and each can clinch third place tonight. The Yellowjackets need a win to do so, while the War Eagles' own result does not affect the question: what they need is a Humboldt win.

South Fulton and Gleason cannot make the top two; each drops out of the third-place race with a loss, and South Fulton can even be eliminated if the Red Devils lose and Greenfield wins.

Dresden and Humboldt can finish no better than fourth, but cannot be eliminated tonight.

Region 8: I haven't yet redone the analysis to account for Freedom Prep's forfeits.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, silverpie said:

(Note: When I say that something is possible, I only mean it is mathematically possible. In other words, it is possible for Red Boiling Springs to beat McCallie...)

Region 1: It is known that all four will qualify, Unaka fourth. If Cloudland beats Jellico, they are first and third respectively, with Hancock County second. If Jellico wins, it's chaos for those three.

Region 2Coalfield is in. If either Sunbright or Oakdale wins, they're guaranteed no worse than third.

Greenback can clinch a playoff berth with a win. If Sunbright also wins, the Cherokees will get a home game; if not, they are still locked into the top 3 if they win and Oakdale also wins.

Oliver Springs retains all possibilities if Greenback loses (anything from first to out). If Greenback wins, then the Bobcats can clinch a bid with a win, and are eliminated from first place if they lose.

Harriman cannot win the region. A loss ends the Blue Devils' chance at second place, and even at third if Oliver Springs also wins.

Midway needs a win to remain in the title race. If they lose and Greenback wins, the Green Wave cannot get a home game.

Sunbright must win to keep its playoff hopes alive. Even if the Tigers win, they are out if Harriman and Oakdale both win, and if one wins, they cannot reach third. In no case does Sunbright host the first round.

Oakdale can finish as high as second, although that possibility requires both Greenback and Midway to lose tonight. If the Eagles themselves lose, theirplayoff  hopes are destroyed altogether.

Region 3: Copper Basin will finish at least second.

South Pittsburg is the only other team with a chance at first place. If either the Pirates or the Sale Creek Panthers win, both clinch playoff places, and whichever one won (or both) are guaranteed no worse than third.

Whitwell and Lookout Valley can finish no higher than second, and both must win for either to keep that hope. Either team is capped at fourth place if it loses (whatever the other does).

Region 4:Monterey and Clay County have clinched top-3 finishes; Gordonsville clinches a playoff spot with a win. Any of these three can win the region.

Jo ByrnsPicket County, and Red Boiling Springs can finish no higher than third. In fact, RBS can finish no better than fourth, and a Gordonsville win would also end Pickett County's shot at third.

Region 5: Fayetteville has won the region

Cornersville clinches a playoff berth with a win, and it will be at least the #3 if Huntland also wins.

Huntland cannot clinch tonight, but also cannot be knocked out of the race for second and a home game.

Mount Pleasant needs losses by both Huntland and Cornersville to remain in contention for second.

Richland and Moore County need to win to remain in the hunt for second. Moore County, in fact, cannot even finish third with a loss.

Region 6Huntingdon will host in Round 1, and can clinch the region with a win.

Hollow Rock-Bruceton is thus eliminated from first with a Huntingdon win; a McEwen win, on the other hand, guarantees the blue Tigers postseason play.

McEwen must win to remain in the first-place race, and also needs for Huntingdon to lose. The Warriors clinch a playoff spot with a win, and at least third place if HR-B also wins.

Collinwood can at best finish second; if HR-B and McEwen both win, the Trojans' ceiling drops to third.

Wayne County can finish as high as second with a win, but no better than fourth with a loss.

Perry County needs the upset of Huntingdon to remain in any playoff contention, and even then can only hope for fourth place and the trip to Fayetteville.

Middleton is out.

Region 7Lake County will finish at least third.

Greenfield and West Carroll are also guaranteed to make the playoffs, and each can clinch third place tonight. The Yellowjackets need a win to do so, while the War Eagles' own result does not affect the question: what they need is a Humboldt win.

South Fulton and Gleason cannot make the top two; each drops out of the third-place race with a loss, and South Fulton can even be eliminated if the Red Devils lose and Greenfield wins.

Dresden and Humboldt can finish no better than fourth, but cannot be eliminated tonight.

Region 8: I haven't yet redone the analysis to account for Freedom Prep's forfeits.

Thats alot of work and deserves an atta boy.But its a whole lot simpler than that....