Grace Christian vs CAK!

Raven52

It appears that Rusty has this team firing on all cylinders. Other than the collapse of a 31-7 lead against Boyd, CAK has played well this year (and coached well for the most part). Trying to be objective, I give the edge to Grace, but the edge is, in my opinion, just that....an edge. I believe these teams are very close if they played 10 times. But they only play once (in the regular season) and anything can happen. While it could go that way, I think those who are looking at the game as an easy W for Grace are grossly underestimating CAK. I know CRB won't but I hope the Grace players are. Having said that, I expect that CRB will not allow his team to come in over confident and anything but fully ready to play. I will say that after the terrible finish last Friday, Grace will have CAK's full attention and effort. I believe there will be a lot of talented and very frustrated young men suiting up for the Warriors. In all candor, I think the ending to the Boyd game (while it was sickening)  is a bad thing for Grace. Those young men (and coaches) KNOW they should have won that game by a substantial margin, and rather than fold, I believe they will be highly focused this week and come in ready to play. 

did sumone just say that CAK shoulda beat Boyd by a substantial margin.....or was that a misread....

.....thinkin that CAK maybe coulda beat Boyd by a substantial margin...not shoulda....ant no quaronteed wins here...there ant much difference in the 31-7 CAK put on Boyd early in the game......than the 30-3 Boyd put on CAK in other part of the game

....a farely reliable model says thats a 3 point game.....guess what

Booger just sayin ;-)

Edited by Booger

Yes, I was at the game. CAK deserved to be up 31-7. They were that much better. However, poor coaching decisions opened up opportunities for Boyd and they took full advantage. Hats off to them. They deserved the win / CAK deserved the loss. If they played 10 times (or one more in the playoffs) I would give the advantage to CAK with no reservation of confidence. Not that Boyd couldn't beat CAK (they did) but it was the exception, not the rule. CAK was the better team. On the other hand, going in to this game, I would give the edge to Grace. After they play I would be glad to give my best opinion on the better team should they rematch. I call it like I see it. Can't say I'm the most knowledgeable, nor the least. I do, however, call it straight to the best of my ability, and have for many years on the T.  A number of times CAK won in the past and I knew and would freely admit they were fortunate. Boyd was fortunate this past week. It will take CAK's best effort to beat the Rams this week. Combine one of the very best offensive minds in TN HS football with a swarming and aggressive defense and you have a formidable Grace. I could never pull for Grace (no offense, just rivalry) but I am so happy and proud of CRB.

• Like 1

Good assessment. SOB has the Defense playing well. It will take our best game up front, on both sides of the ball, to get the W. And I take no offense to your comment about the rivalry. I wouldn’t pull for the CAK Scholar Bowl team if they were up against the North Koreans, no offense of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gcapride said:

Good assessment. SOB has the Defense playing well. It will take our best game up front, on both sides of the ball, to get the W. And I take no offense to your comment about the rivalry. I wouldn’t pull for the CAK Scholar Bowl team if they were up against the North Koreans, no offense of course.

If that’s not your best post ever, it’s in the top 5! It should be a great game. Go Rams! 

12 hours ago, Govolsknox said:

Yes, I was at the game. CAK deserved to be up 31-7. They were that much better. However, poor coaching decisions opened up opportunities for Boyd and they took full advantage. Hats off to them. They deserved the win / CAK deserved the loss. If they played 10 times (or one more in the playoffs) I would give the advantage to CAK with no reservation of confidence. Not that Boyd couldn't beat CAK (they did) but it was the exception, not the rule. CAK was the better team. On the other hand, going in to this game, I would give the edge to Grace. After they play I would be glad to give my best opinion on the better team should they rematch. I call it like I see it. Can't say I'm the most knowledgeable, nor the least. I do, however, call it straight to the best of my ability, and have for many years on the T.  A number of times CAK won in the past and I knew and would freely admit they were fortunate. Boyd was fortunate this past week. It will take CAK's best effort to beat the Rams this week. Combine one of the very best offensive minds in TN HS football with a swarming and aggressive defense and you have a formidable Grace. I could never pull for Grace (no offense, just rivalry) but I am so happy and proud of CRB.

and then there lies the reason the extremely knowledge & versed sportswriters of TN who nose their Football better than anybody have Reactions boys from the North Brainerd Levee Swamp ranked #2 in the state & the Presbyterians in the honorable mention column.....

....but there is a chance that the vol fan gets to watch his warriors redeem themselves show Booger just how much better the presbyterians r than the Bucs before its said and done.....

.....now the Snake ranglers.....they definately get a chance

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

On 10/21/2019 at 8:07 PM, gcapride said:

You win by 14. Where's my Big Kahuna Wings by the way? If I'm not mistaken it was this game that you lost the bet on last year I told you they would beat you by 14 and I think they beat you by 13.

Edited by orngnblk