Gallatin @ Beech

Bump11

The one we’ve been waiting for is finally here. Next friday the 8-0 Green Wave will visit The Hill to take on the 8-0 Bucs. I know i’m not alone in saying i’ve had this one circled on the calendar for weeks. 2 of the very best in 5A, and the entire state, go toe to toe for a region championship, and an argument for the top spot in 5A. This one will be well worth the price of admission. It may very well come down to the health of Isaiah Briscoe. It’s well known that both of these programs like to run the ball, and both do it very well. But the passing game may be the difference here. Either way I expect a barnburner in what very well could be the first of two games between these two teams this year, with the winner of that possible second game quite possibly playing for a state championship. I’m pumped  

Beech wins in overtime on a vintage Crabtree two point conversion, 38-37

Edited by Bump11

5 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

The one we’ve been waiting for is finally here. Next friday the 8-0 Green Wave will visit The Hill to take on the 8-0 Bucs. I know i’m not alone in saying i’ve had this one circled on the calendar for weeks. 2 of the very best in 5A, and the entire state, go toe to toe for a region championship, and an argument for the top spot in 5A. This one will be well worth the price of admission. It may very well come down to the health of Isaiah Briscoe. It’s well known that both of these programs like to run the ball, and both do it very well. But the passing game may be the difference here. Either way I expect a barnburner in what very well could be the first of two games between these two teams this year, with the winner of that possible second game quite possibly playing for a state championship. I’m pumped  

Going to be a great game, but I would be very suprised if either team scored 30+. I'm thinking more like 21-17 or 17-14 

38 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

30 points???  Not on Gallatin’s defense!!  

They have 4 common opponents in Station Camp, Lebanon, Hendersonville and Hillsboro. Station Camp is a 0-10 football team and both teams won by 45-50 points. But in the other 3 games Gallatin outscored their opponents by 75 points. In those same 3 games Beech outscored their opponents by 34.

"This is a rivalry game throw the records out the window" yeah we heard that when Gallatin played Station Camp and Hendersonville too.... Having seen them both in person I feel that Gallatin is the better team.

Gallatin 28

Beech 14

According to the Gallatin folks I talked to Briscoe is out until the playoffs.  I think they will be just fine with Banks.  The only way you beat Gallatin is to possess the ball and score.  In my opinion this will be the first of 2 meetings, next week and then round 3 of the playoffs.  

Well, from what I’ve seen (and I admit I have seen very little of Gallatin) to this point, here’s my take:

Offense - Advantage Beech.  I believe the Beech running game is better and deeper. 

Defense - Advantage Gallatin.  Gallatin is big up front, but the real Advantage comes from the linebackers and secondary.  They fly to the ball.

Special Teams - Advantage Beech.  Beech has made several big Special Teams plays this year and I wouldn’t be surprised if this game came down to just that, a big special Teams play (blocked punt, kickoff return, etc.)

I know this will be unpopular with the Gallatin faithful, but that’s my take.  As good as the Gallatin defense is, I believe the Beech RBs will give them fits. 

Prediction to come later in the week...

1 hour ago, eers said:

Well, from what I’ve seen (and I admit I have seen very little of Gallatin) to this point, here’s my take:

Offense - Advantage Beech.  I believe the Beech running game is better and deeper. 

Defense - Advantage Gallatin.  Gallatin is big up front, but the real Advantage comes from the linebackers and secondary.  They fly to the ball.

Special Teams - Advantage Beech.  Beech has made several big Special Teams plays this year and I wouldn’t be surprised if this game came down to just that, a big special Teams play (blocked punt, kickoff return, etc.)

I know this will be unpopular with the Gallatin faithful, but that’s my take.  As good as the Gallatin defense is, I believe the Beech RBs will give them fits. 

Prediction to come later in the week...

I think offensive side is different than you are thinking. Gallatin can pass the football, so that is a dynamic Beech will have to worry about, on top of stopping a division 1 possible SEC RB. (depending if he plays)

Gallatin kicker is an advantage to Gallatin's special teams...great leg

Big game friday night with a huge crowd. Both 8-0. One team is going undefeated, the other still 9-1. And in all honesty, the first of two meetings. Rematch redemption.

Edited by thegreatone36