Gallatin @ Beech

Bump11

2 hours ago, District12AA said:

How would Beech make any money off allowing Withrow and Co. to come cover this game? From my understanding the school receives zero monetary gain. The exposure argument doesn't generate any revenue for Beech 

The reality is Withrow wants to make money off this game for his website. He got told no and bravo to Beech for doing so. Now he is acting like a petulant child about it. How is acting says more about him than anything else.

No benefit at all for Beech. Withrow is self promoting, arrogant, and unprofessional.  He’s not needed with his Facebook broadcast. I’m certain this game and both of these schools are getting plenty of attention and exposure. Not to mention the people that paid advertising money for the WHIN broadcast.

I guess we’ll just continue to see withrow flex his twitter muscle and, in his typical unprofessional fashion, blast a HS program because he didn’t get his way. I would anticipate this has permanently closed the door for any future withrow broadcast from Shackle Island and you’re either ignorant or naive if you think other coaches aren’t seeing the childish outbursts.

#gocrysomewhereelse 

#coachestalk

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, eers said:

No benefit at all for Beech. Withrow is self promoting, arrogant, and unprofessional.  He’s not needed with his Facebook broadcast. I’m certain this game and both of these schools are getting plenty of attention and exposure. Not to mention the people that paid advertising money for the WHIN broadcast.

I guess we’ll just continue to see withrow flex his twitter muscle and, in his typical unprofessional fashion, blast a HS program because he didn’t get his way. I would anticipate this has permanently closed the door for any future withrow broadcast from Shackle Island and you’re either ignorant or naive if you think other coaches aren’t seeing the childish outbursts.

#gocrysomewhereelse 

#coachestalk

I believe Beech should let this game be televised/streamed, but I respect their decision not to. I agree that going out of your way to bash a Championship Program like Beech can do nothing but hinder your growth, I have a few friends that are coaches and they don't forget, I doubt Crabtree will either

47 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I believe Beech should let this game be televised/streamed, but I respect their decision not to. I agree that going out of your way to bash a Championship Program like Beech can do nothing but hinder your growth, I have a few friends that are coaches and they don't forget, I doubt Crabtree will either

Well enough about the shenanigans, let’s get back to the game...

serious thoughts?

predictions?

strengths?

weaknesses?

what role do matchups play?

2 hours ago, eers said:

serious thoughts?

predictions?

strengths?

weaknesses?

Beech’s strength is their strong run game.  Gallatin’s is their defense so this matchup is strength vs strength.  That leaves Gallatin’s offense vs Beech’s defense and I think that is an advantage for Gallatin.  I do not really know anything about special teams for the Bucs.  I would assume they have a strong return game but what about kicking? 

6 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Coach must dont plan on making to the state championship since he don't like being televised. Most high school kids don't get that  Exposure. #GoWave

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

Coach must dont plan on making to the state championship since he don't like being televised. Most high school kids don't get that  Exposure. #GoWave

Beech gets plenty of exposure. Could be he just wants to eliminate any possibility of a distraction. Every Williamson County school has said no to Withrow, yet I don't see anybody accusing them of denying their kids "exposure"

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, eers said:

serious thoughts?

predictions?

strengths?

weaknesses?

I think this is the first game where Gallatin will go up against a coaching staff that is equal to their own. No doubt both teams will have wrinkles for this game that have been worked on all season in preparation for this game. Whoever makes the best in-game adjustments def has a leg up in this game.

The matchup that decides this game will Beech Offense v. Gallatin Defense, strength on strength. Both have just hammered teams into submission all season long.

While the rain might have an effect on the crowd, I don't think it effects these teams a great deal. Both are going to be run heavy no matter what the conditions are. Might see Gallatin go a little more under center if forecast is correct

Prediction: Gallatin 20 Beech 17

19 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

This game will have plenty of significance when these teams are 6A as well

The best 6A football in Middle TN is currently being played in Rutherford and Williamson County so lets compare these 2 team's recent track record against those opponents: 

Gallatin      
24 16 Stewarts Creek 2-8 Record
55 32 Stewarts Creek 1-9 Record
Beech      
7 49 Indy Round 1Exit
27 49 Siegel Did not qualify for playoffs
21 54 Siegel Round 2Exit
28 21 Indy Round 3Exit

I know these results are from a previous cycle so I guess have these counties in the midstate gotten worse at football since Gallatin and Beech got to play metro schools since the last cycle or gotten better? Obviously this year in 5A there is home field, seeding, etc... at stake this year but not sure how significant any of that will be with Rutherford and Williamson on the round 1/2 horizon next cycle. 

Edited by BoomKing2006
format

8 minutes ago, BoomKing2006 said:

The best 6A football in Middle TN is currently being played in Rutherford and Williamson County so lets compare these 2 team's recent track record against those opponents: 

Gallatin      
24 16 Stewarts Creek 2-8 Record
55 32 Stewarts Creek 1-9 Record
Beech      
7 49 Indy Round 1Exit
27 49 Siegel Did not qualify for playoffs
21 54 Siegel Round 2Exit
28 21 Indy Round 3Exit

I know these results are from a previous cycle so I guess have these counties in the midstate gotten worse at football since Gallatin and Beech got to play metro schools since the last cycle or gotten better? Obviously this year in 5A there is home field, seeding, etc... at stake this year but not sure how significant any of that will be with Rutherford and Williamson on the round 1/2 horizon next cycle. 

Rutherford County really isn't that good right now, won't disagree about Wilco. Will Beech be as good in 6A as they are in 5A? Maybe not, but they're not going to fall off a cliff either. Any comparisons for Gallatin are from a previous coaching staff. They held their own against Oakland in the jamboree, which is certainly more than Blackman can say. 

It's interesting to talk about, but this won't even happen until the 2021 season which is a long way off. 6A has gotten to be pretty predictable so I would love it if Beech and Gallatin do move up