McConnell comes back to town

MannBlue

Yea I hear it’s McConnell bobble head night at Ray Hampton Stadium. Heard Waverly is conducting a big welcome home party with food, fireworks, and are inducting him into the Waverly Hall of Fame before the game. Waverly even built VIP seating for all his biggest fans! I think the McConnell festivities start at 5 pm just North of the Waverly Baseball field with a water front view. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MannBlue said:

This is going to be a slobbernocker.  I know the boys will be keyed up for this week. 

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

Yea I hear it’s McConnell bobble head night at Ray Hampton Stadium. Heard Waverly is conducting a big welcome home party with food, fireworks, and are inducting him into the Waverly Hall of Fame before the game. Waverly even built VIP seating for all his biggest fans! I think the McConnell festivities start at 5 pm just North of the Waverly Baseball field with a water front view. 

It’s going to be a boring week. Westview has like one poster. All the talk is going to come from people like beagle, warcartman you know idiots like that. Waverly will lose this game by 3 or 4 touchdowns for the simple fact that we can’t defend a pass to save our life. 

11 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

It’s going to be a boring week. Westview has like one poster. All the talk is going to come from people like beagle, warcartman you know idiots like that. Waverly will lose this game by 3 or 4 touchdowns for the simple fact that we can’t defend a pass to save our life. 

I agree. It might get ugly. Waverly needs to work on the pass defense. It’s terrible. The defense needs a lot of work period. Friday will be good practice for the secondary to make us better for the playoffs. As bad as I’d love to see us win this game I just don’t see it going our way. Focus has to be to get through this game, get better from it, stay healthy, and get ready for Riverside. Honestly I just hope we can be somewhat be competitive against Westview

Edited by Trollin

Agreed about our defense and specifically the secondary.  It was embarrassing last night and if the Irish would have thrown more we would have been in trouble.  Did you notice in the fourth quarter the Irish hit the their left side 8 or 9 times.  Only thing that saved us was inaccuracy.  No adjustments what so every.  I think we can hang with Westview.  Having watched them on video it is obvious that the Westview defense is about as bad as ours.  Its like we have the same defensive coordinator.  Our line WILL put pressure on them.  If we can hold the outside on defense and move the ball on defense, we may stay in it.  

It looks like Westview was off last night.  I cant find a score.  You think anyone from Westview was at the game scouting us out?  

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

Man, you know I'm always hopeful that our boys will find a way to get it done, but after seeing our pass coverage last night, sadly I think you're right on this. :cry: It was several times HC's receivers where wide open, we are just lucky their qb couldn't throw, but the qb we're facing this week won't be missing those throws! Our defenders wasn't even looking back for the ball! This could get ugly unless we could get Dion Sanders in there to work with the boys this week, anybody got his number?:mellow:

9 minutes ago, MannBlue said:

Agreed about our defense and specifically the secondary.  It was embarrassing last night and if the Irish would have thrown more we would have been in trouble.  Did you notice in the fourth quarter the Irish hit the their left side 8 or 9 times.  Only thing that saved us was inaccuracy.  No adjustments what so every.  I think we can hang with Westview.  Having watched them on video it is obvious that the Westview defense is about as bad as ours.  Its like we have the same defensive coordinator.  Our line WILL put pressure on them.  If we can hold the outside on defense and move the ball on defense, we may stay in it.  

It looks like Westview was off last night.  I cant find a score.  You think anyone from Westview was at the game scouting us out?  

They were on their BYE. And I seriously doubt anyone was there. They break down film intensely so they will use that. Maybe they will overlook us and come out flat

9 minutes ago, Super8Dad said:

Man, you know I'm always hopeful that our boys will find a way to get it done, but after seeing our pass coverage last night, sadly I think you're right on this. :cry: It was several times HC's receivers where wide open, we are just lucky their qb couldn't throw, but the qb we're facing this week won't be missing those throws! Our defenders wasn't even looking back for the ball! This could get ugly unless we could get Dion Sanders in there to work with the boys this week, anybody got his number?:mellow:

The secondary simply can’t get beat deep. We were in cover 3 last night and those defensive backs have to be deeper than their receivers and then come up and through the ball at the highest point. It looked like we were playing catch man, simply letting the receiver run to them and then turning and try to run with them. 

I do not believe we can play man against most teams, but this week we need to try some and be physical with the receivers off the line of scrimmage. Linebackers need to also be physical with inside routes and crossers and we need to bring the pressure on zone blitzes. Apparently Westview QB can run if flushed so we need to spy him. I would play some man and cover 2 this week. When in cover 2 you can bet McConnell will attack their middle of the field so linebackers have got to help being physical with the receivers off the line and underneath. 

It’s a numbers game with Westview. You stack the box they will throw it. Take guys out of the box they will run it. 

We have to be physical on defense very physical and get pressure on the QB quick. 

4 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Glad to you you're thinking of me. It's not mutual though.